Computer suddenly shut and can no longer power on

China

Ok I was loading planetside 2 and suddenly my computer can no longer power on. My rig is almost 2 weeks ago and I have run ps2 multiple times beforehand. The mother board led is on and there was no in indication of something going bad beforehand (no smell or weird noise, no degradation in performance)

I'm not sure which component right now is faulty.

Psu: corsair cx 500w

Motherboard: asus m5a87l-m/usb3 ( has integrated graphics)

Graphics gigabyte gtx 760 oc version with additional oc to 1106mhz from 1085 with Msi afterburner

so the pc is on but no picutre?

It doesn't even turn on, even when shorting the power switch

First thing I would do is unplug everything and plug it back in (seriously). I had an issue with my PC where it would just not turn on, no matter what I did. Then I took everything out, set it up on a test bench and it worked. Still have no idea what was wrong with it. 

First thing I would do is unplug everything and plug it back in (seriously). I had an issue with my PC where it would just not turn on, no matter what I did. Then I took everything out, set it up on a test bench and it worked. Still have no idea what was wrong with it.

Okay thanks but it worked before for almost two weeks till now

Okay thanks but it worked before for almost two weeks till now

Mine had worked for a few months and then it suddenly stopped. But yeah, before you start sending RMA requests, I'd say put in on a test bench to make sure that nothing's broken. 

Ok I was loading planetside 2 and suddenly my computer can no longer power on. My rig is almost 2 weeks ago and I have run ps2 multiple times beforehand. The mother board led is on and there was no in indication of something going bad beforehand (no smell or weird noise, no degradation in performance)

I'm not sure which component right now is faulty.

Psu: corsair cx 500w

Motherboard: asus m5a87l-m/usb3 ( has integrated graphics)

Graphics gigabyte gtx 760 oc version with additional oc to 1106mhz from 1085 with Msi afterburner

My guess was the PSU. If it does not even turn on ...

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

My computer worked fine for 2 days, crashed, worked fine for a week, crashed worked fine for 2 weeks then continuously crashed and wouldnt turn back on. Turns out the main plug into the motherboard (you know that mahoosive one) wasnt pushed in all the way.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

1. Recheck ALL connections (every thing plugged into the motherboard, PSU, etc)

2. Unplug all components and try to jump start the PSU (short the green wire to a black wire with a paper clip) this will not damage you or the PSU (assuming nothing is plugged into the PSU, if the PSU fan spins it is probably not a PSU problem)

3. If possible try a different PSU (borrow a friends if you have to)

3. If you these dont work you may need to RMA the computer (if you bought a whole system) or the PSU/MoBo

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

My guess was the PSU. If it does not even turn on ...

led works tho

so it is delivering power

try runining it barebones, only essential parts outside of the case on top of the motherboard box

Okay I did the paperclip test with the green and black wires and found out that the psu is defective even though the motherboard light is on because the psu fans did not spin at all

Okay I did the paperclip test with the green and black wires and found out that the psu is defective even though the motherboard light is on because the psu fans did not spin at all

If possible confirm with a second PSU (you dont want to get a new PSU only to find out that the old one also fried your MoBO).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

If possible confirm with a second PSU (you dont want to get a new PSU only to find out that the old one also fried your MoBO).

I don't think I can do it, would it be safe to return mobo to store and buy a new psu (it's bought for 30 dollars so no point in rma)

I don't think I can do it, would it be safe to return mobo to store and buy a new psu (it's bought for 30 dollars so no point in rma)

No point in returning the MoBo until you know if it works, in the future don't buy a cheap PSU (look for something 8/8.5 or higher on jonnyguru). In general Cooler Master, Corsair, Seasonic (best in my opinion), Thermaltake are very good manufacturers.

No point in returning the MoBo until you know if it works, in the future don't buy a cheap PSU (look for something 8/8.5 or higher on jonnyguru). In general Cooler Master, Corsair, Seasonic (best in my opinion), Thermaltake are very good manufacturers.

My psu is corsair but I bought it on sale; I'm going to get a replacement from ncix soon

try a new fuse in the PSU plug

take everything to a computer repair store, simple as that, they will have a testbench