DaVinci Resolve 14

Orc00

Dear friends,

Lately I whas wondering what the minimum systeem requirements voor Davinci Resolve 14 demo version is?

I had it googled and find out the minimum is 8-core cpu! Can someone explain to me if this requirement is for the Demo or the Studio version?

I have a Intel i7-7800X At 3,5Ghz. This is a 6-core Hexa cpu. Does this mean i need to stop working with Davinci Resolve or not?

I'm every happy how Davinci resolve is helping me out. But at the same hand i dont't want to destroy my new build pc!

And is 16GB on ram 2400Mhz DDr4 and GTX 1050 Ti 4GB good for Davinci Resolve?

I hope someone can share a light to this !

One more thingxD

My CPU isnt overclocked. It can be overclock to 4Ghz. But if i overclok it could it be that it will die a bit faster the normale?

thankyou

one thing first: running programs that require higher minimum specs than what you have won't destroy your pc, it would simply not run that great (probably) because the hardware can't calculate the stuff the program wants fast enough.

The probably bit is the important bit, cause I'm running DaVinci Resolve 14 on a 4c 8T machine with good performance, render times are good and workflow too, so I don't think you'll have any trouble running davinci (though this heavily depends on what projects your working on, I only edit @1080p and 50fps)

Overclocking your cpu might improve performance, but I recommend overclocking only to those who know what they are doing. So if you feel insecure (which is what I'm guessing you are)  don't mess with it and gain knowledge first. If you know how your whole system ticks and you think you know what you are doing, start overclocking. The worst thing that can happen with overclocking is that you could potentially fry your cpu instantly, but if adequatly cooled and moderate voltages are applied, you probably replace the parts because of performance reasons  earlier than it would die, either way whether oc'ed or not

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

You should be fine honestly. They probably take those numbers for studio use. So people whose job it is to edit video and don't want to wait very long.

I personally am running it on an 8c 16t CPU and I can say it runs great.. rendering uses all 16 threads, but it won't be necessary to have something like that.

Plus, some programs say 'cores' when they actually mean threads, so it might be that your CPU falls well within their demands.

And as mentioned above, even running a program when you're below spec will pose no damages, only lower performance.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sorry a later reaction.

Oky its clear for me now. There also no need to overclok my cpu there for