To buy a 1440p 27inch Curved or Normal Monitor?

Sam2791

Hi all,

I recently purchased a gtx 1070ti and i currently have Dell 24" IPS panel (1080p).

I'm looking to buy a new monitor to get the best out of my 1070ti.

I'm stuck between the Samsung C27H711 27" WQHD 2K 2560 x 1440 FreeSync White Curved Gaming Monitor & Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K 2560x1440.

I know the freesync is useless with Nvidia cards but I'm just confused between the two.

Can someone help me on this. I will be ordering the monitor on Newegg.

Click Here to see the monitors I'm thinking of. :)

Just now, Sam2791 said:

Hi all,

I recently purchased a gtx 1070ti and i currently have Dell 24" IPS panel (1080p).

I'm stuck between the Samsung C27H711 27" WQHD 2K 2560 x 1440 FreeSync White Curved Gaming Monitor & Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K 2560x1440.

I know the freesync is useless with Nvidia cards but I'm just confused between the two.

What are you going to do on the monitors?

11 minutes ago, Sam2791 said:

Hi all,

I would definitely go for the Samsung one. It has a VA panel which in my opinion is way better than a TN one which the Acer one has.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

I mean I would get the 144 hz on just because it has 144hz and the other one is 60hz but that is just me.

Just now, Arcanekitten said:

I would definitely go for the Samsung one. It has a VA panel which in my opinion is way better than a TN one which the Acer one has.

Yes but it is also 60 vs 144hz. Yeah the VA is slightly better than tn but I honestly wouldn't say the difference is big enough to go for a slower refresh speed. If it was ips then I could see going for it over the tn.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yes but it is also 60 vs 144hz. Yeah the VA is slightly better than tn but I honestly wouldn't say the difference is big enough to go for a slower refresh speed. If it was ips then I could see going for it over the tn.

missed that point on the spec list. Definitely go for the 144Hz one

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

9 minutes ago, Sam2791 said:

Gaming....

What games are you going to play on it?

It would depend because simulation games such as Forza goes well with a wider and curved screen. But FPS games such as CS:GO would be better on a 144Hz monitor.

4 minutes ago, NQSD said:

It would depend because simulation games such as Forza goes well with a wider and curved screen. But FPS games such as CS:GO would be better on a 144Hz monitor.

I mostly play open world like ghost recon, forza H3, payback, far cry 4...........CS:source occasionally..

The thing is can the gtx 1070ti handle games at 2k @ 60+ FPS? 

5 minutes ago, Sam2791 said:

I mostly play open world like ghost recon, forza H3, payback, far cry 4...........CS:source occasionally..

The thing is can the gtx 1070ti handle games at 2k @ 60+ FPS? 

Yes the 1070 it will be able to keep It’s FPS over 100 FPS at 2k. And you mostly play FPS and open world games so I recommend the 144Hz monitor.

1 minute ago, NQSD said:

Yes the 1070 it will be able to keep It’s FPS over 100 FPS at 2k. And you mostly play FPS and open world games so I recommend the 144Hz monitor.

Do you think the display quality will be as good on the Acer?

14 minutes ago, Sam2791 said:

Do you think the display quality will be as good on the Acer?

The high end TN panels are very good quality. They're like a lowish mid range IPS and I'm happy with mine. They also don't suffer as much from quality control issues as the high hz IPS cousins

That's an F in the profile pic

Hmmm...so i think I've decided to go with Acer....will order it in Feb :)

Thanks guys!!