G903 vs Rival 600 vs Rival 700

SupaTech

Hi all, 

I'm really curious to know which mice is better overall. The G903 is really good, but the newly released Rival 600 and the older Rival 700 truly "rivals" the G903. 

*Sigh

A new stupid gimmick all over again by steelseries with its dual sensor that suppose to give u lower lift off distance 0.5mm and truemove3+ sensor that has 350IPS.

Let me tell u something as i already got pissed off by their rival 700 mice with its stupid gimmick that add unnecessary cost and weight.

The lift off distance on the G903 is already low enough to not pickup any movement when u lift and reposition the mice and the increases IPS on the TRUEMOVE3+ sensor is OVERKILL even PMW3360 with 250IPS and 50G FORCE is already OVERKILL a human will never max out the sensor tracking capability.

It also has logitech own mechanical pivot button that has lower actuation distance and force.

So NO its not better than G903 since it has a very very good ergonomic,Top end sensor and powerplay features.

It also has logitech own mechanical switch.

And Wireless

But the price on the RIVAL 600 seems to be cheaper so it might good for value.

*I am sorry for the rant its just....hhhh sorry

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

22 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

*Sigh

A new stupid gimmick all over again by steelseries with its dual sensor that suppose to give u lower lift off distance 0.5mm and truemove3+ sensor that has 350IPS.

I'm inclined to agree, but ill wait for the reviews cos apparently the height sensor reduces the jitter when you lift the mouse.

41 minutes ago, SupaTech said:

Hi all, 

I'm really curious to know which mice is better overall. The G903 is really good, but the newly released Rival 600 and the older Rival 700 truly "rivals" the G903. 

The rival 700 is too heavy, the sensei and rival 310s are superior imo. Rival 110 is great if you like a smaller mouse.

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I'm inclined to agree, but ill wait for the reviews cos apparently the height sensor reduces the jitter when you lift the mouse.

It would be hardly noticeable and gives u a very very very little advantages in games.

Anything under 1 DVD wont gives u a noticeable cursor movement in game and PMW3360 did just that.

The differences will be very subtle.

Its because PMW3360 is already overkill sensor and steelseries had to come up with something but they didnt have much option so they add gimmick such as vibration and oled display like on the RIVAL 700 and increase the IPS on the sensor which already overkill.

Maybe they will add heart rate sensor like on the mionix naos QG next time.

Despite all of that i still like steelseries just not their new approach,Their rival 300 and 310 is a very good mice.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I actually really like the Rival 600. Looks nice, good shape, 93g without the weights is pretty decent. The lift off sensor might be a bit of a gimmick but an improvment is an improvment. But ultimatly you are not going to see a performance difference between and it and the G903 so it just depends on how much you value the wireless on the G903 as it is the more expensive mouse. I would avoid the Rival 700, it's heavy due to its gimmicks unless for some reason you really want a small LCD screen and haptic feedback on the thumb.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Do you guys think its worth the money to upgrade from rival 300 to rival 600?

10 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

Probably not for most people unless there is a specific issue you are having with the 300 that the 600 would fix, or perhaps you are really trying to maximise your performance in an FPS game, or maybe you're well off so the money is not really a big deal, but apart from that the rival 300 is a decent mouse, and as long as its working for you there is no real reason you should need to upgrade, determining whether 'it's worth the money' really is down to you.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, SupaTech said:

Hi all, 

I have the rival 600 and it’s amazing 

i upgraded from rival 310 to the rival 600 and let me tell u 

the rival 600 is so damn comfortable 

the shape the weight and the buttons  is perfect 

I didn’t care about the new added sensor but it might help other people out 

the only thing I didn’t like about the rival 600 is the side buttons is not big like the rival 310 but it’s not that big of a deal

overall it’s a great mouse and the logitech also a great mouse but it depends if u prefer wireless mice or wired 

On 1/11/2018 at 1:29 PM, Leozyo said:

It is  

I upgraded my rival 310 to rival 600 

the shape is different and it is way more comfortable than the awkward shape of the rival 310 and 300 

U can also add weights if u want to make the mouse heavier and the rival 300 and the 310 doesn’t have that option 

if u care about rgb then the rival 600 wins 

the rgb on this mouse is amazing 

i just found that i aim better with the rival 600 over my rival 310 because the shape 

the only thing I did not like is the side buttons is thinner than the rival 310 and 300 but it’s not that of a big deal 

it’s a great mouse and deserves the money for the great shape , weight , rgb and sensor

i want to mention that the scrool weel on the rival 600 is way better than the 310 and 300 

• 1 month later...

Specific problems CAN be found on the rival 310,for instance.

For people with sweaty hands like me,the silicone grips falling off WAS ACTUALLY AN IMPROVEMENT.

I found myself have my hand slip off the mouse at prolonged use especially since I play CS:GO,so it was a no brainer to me.

And the fiber reinforced plastic is definitely something new,albeit it's also sort of a gimmick.

I've never owned a rival 700 before so I'll take your word for it on how it performs,as it does kinda look heavy with that OLED screen.

Maybe that's why steelseries mice dont often appear on top mice ratings because of the new gimmicks they've pulled on their newer models.

Anyway,I do find the silicone grips a specific problem and hope they update the grips back to the different plastic grips from the rival 110,as the only use I've found for the "unstuck" grips is flinging them around on my fingers pretending it's a Gundam when I'm awfully bored.