msi mystic light

so i got an msi z270 krait gaming motherboard and i recently bought phanteks rgb led strip to the built in rgb led header, but...

when i try to costumise the rgb it gives me so little options its just an insult to rgb, and whenever i try to use the msi mystic light, it takes forever to load then it just says that "the platform does not support this application"

does anyone else have this issue or know a way around it? like a third party software to control the rgb header?

msi_rgb.png

51 minutes ago, DrProfSagi said:

so i got an msi z270 krait gaming motherboard and i recently bought phanteks rgb led strip to the built in rgb led header, but...

when i try to costumise the rgb it gives me so little options its just an insult to rgb, and whenever i try to use the msi mystic light, it takes forever to load then it just says that "the platform does not support this application"

does anyone else have this issue or know a way around it? like a third party software to control the rgb header?

Unfortunately there is no third part options, the RGB software is proprietary to the manufacture. 

As for the issues your having it sounds like something is up with Windows and the Mystic software. 

Just now, W-L said:

Unfortunately there is no third part options, the RGB software is proprietary to the manufacture. 

As for the issues your having it sounds like something is up with Windows and the Mystic software. 

thanks for the fast respond pal, do you have msi motherboard and an rgb strip?

1 minute ago, DrProfSagi said:

thanks for the fast respond pal, do you have msi motherboard and an rgb strip?

No I don't have an MSI board, but I know their software and control for RGB lighting is very basic with little customization compared to many other such as Asus which is regarded to have some of the best RGB options. 

yea...tell me about it, do you have any idea how to resolve the mystic light error?

11 minutes ago, DrProfSagi said:

yea...tell me about it, do you have any idea how to resolve the mystic light error?

Do you have the latest version installed and updated windows? I've heard of problems with it and windows not getting along. 

Just now, W-L said:

Do you have the latest version installed and updated windows? I've heard of problems with it and windows not getting along. 

yea i do... but if i rummber correctly, i tried before the last update and it wasnt working as well

2 minutes ago, DrProfSagi said:

yea i do... but if i rummber correctly, i tried before the last update and it wasnt working as well

Try looking for a previous version that was stable and stick to that for now until they roll out a better update to see if that fixes the problems. From what I've heard they are updating the software incrementally. 

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

Try looking for a previous version that was stable and stick to that for now until they roll out a better update to see if that fixes the problems. From what I've heard they are updating the software incrementally. 

thanks buddy, will do

Mystic Light was a mess from day one, MSI software is not that great to start with. If you have an android/iPhone there's the Mystic Light app. It took them over three years to bring the app to the iPhone. I Doubt MSI will be in a rush to fix the app.

If you need RGB with allot of features I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer RGB controller.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 12/17/2017 at 11:21 PM, Revan654 said:

Mystic Light was a mess from day one, MSI software is not that great to start with. If you have an android/iPhone there's the Mystic Light app. It took them over three years to bring the app to the iPhone. I Doubt MSI will be in a rush to fix the app.

If you need RGB with allot of features I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer RGB controller.

By aqua-computer rgb controller you mean an external device?