I need a power supply I will never have to upgrade!

CaseySean01

Right now I'm running an Intel Core i7-3770K with an AMD Radeon HD 7970 and a Corsair Non-Modular Single Rail TX750W power supply. I would really like to upgrade to a modular because the number of wires in my chassis is absurd.

I would prefer one that I would never have to upgrade and will never break. I would like one with a red LED fan in it if possible. It must be modular, and it must have a good cooling system.

Thanks for the help.

- Sean

Well, it depends on how much you want to spend, how much hardware are you planning to add in the future and stuff like that.

But an AX860i would be a good bet.

There is no PSU that will never fail. Nothing will never fail. Any AX/HX series PSU is good.

\

I would really like to be at least 800 watts, and under $200. The efficiency doesn't matter to me.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the OCZ Fatal1y series which is semi modular, has a red LED and comes in up to 1000W although that may be slightly over your budget but the 750W one may be okay for your needs. No ideas about the quality though. You may want to check some reviews but I wouldn't think there would be any major issues with OCZ.

Why 800w? A single GPU system like that won't break 420w at max load making anywhere between 500-600w the best choice. If you really want a red LED fan, you can modify the PSU and add in your own fan.

My guess for why he wants 800W:

He plans on winning 2 GTX Titans in giveaways, and doesn't want to upgrade his PSU.

I'm not talking about upgrading my power supply for my current build. As I said specifically in the original post, I would like a power supply that I will never have to upgrade - implying that I will be upgrading components in my computer, and I don't want to have to upgrade my PSU. Simple as that, there's no need to get testy.

Of course there is a power supply that you will never have to upgrade! Come one people think outside your boxes.

Just buy a AC to DC converter then build a custom break out to 12 Volts, 5 Volts 3 Volts and Ground and bam a power supply that you will never have to upgrade, well you will have to mod for new connectors when they come around and have enough pin outs for your current connectors.

I'll leave the actual details for you to figure out, so you can have some fun!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I can actually do that, so thanks for the help. Any idea of some good suppliers for the parts?

I can't take any post seriously on April 1st.

Get a Corsair AX860, it's 200 US dollars and if you live in north america you will get a 7 year warranty.

860 watts is more than enough for getting a new VGA in the future.