ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Advanced Edition RGB LEDs

gabby131
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

I would imagine it's a problem with the LED headers not being fully plugged into the PCB or something along those lines. Given that it's a hardware problem, there isn't really any other real way to go about fixing this other than disassembly or an RMA.

Greetings!

Seems I get issues after issues lately.

In any case, not a big deal, but is anyone with an ASUS Strix 10 series card that have RGB LED issues?

I never noticed mine until last night.  The LEDs should extend to all the three fans on the shroud.  But mine only light up where the ROG (eye) logo is and on the fan near it.

The rest of the LEDs does not light up.

What I did:

- reboot

- reinstall drivers (unrelated, but worth a try)

- re-install AURA software for ROG GPUs

- uninstall the above and install Aura Software for Mobo, LED, RAM, GPU

- Re-seat GPU to the PCI slot.

- plug GPU to 2nd x16 slot

If you have encountered this, can you share what your DIY fix?  Aside from disassembly and RMA.  the card is completely working as intended, not gonna do something like this for non glowing AR GEE BEEz..

Thank you!

I would imagine it's a problem with the LED headers not being fully plugged into the PCB or something along those lines. Given that it's a hardware problem, there isn't really any other real way to go about fixing this other than disassembly or an RMA.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ahhh....as I expect....Thank you so much! ^___________^