Is this a good build

If you aren't scared to OC, get an R5 1400 and OC it.

Or upgrade to an R5 1600.

And maybe get an SSD, a 120GB one is enough, i wouldn't say it's required but it's highly recommended.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

And maybe get an SSD, a 120GB one is enough, i wouldn't say it's required but it's highly recommended.

im scared to OC xD and i think that the £50 upgrading to 1600x would be better spent on the SSD you recommended which i am contemplating

edit: On the other hand i should OC and save £20 ... i will watch some videos and if i find it simple enough i will swap it out thanks @samcool55

Edited by SpiritOfTheGods Skinhub.com
REALISATION

13 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheGods Skinhub.com said:

im scared to OC xD and i think that the £50 upgrading to 1600x would be better spent on the SSD you recommended which i am contemplating

edit: On the other hand i should OC and save £20 ... i will watch some videos and if i find it simple enough i will swap it out thanks @samcool55

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

As a matter of fact the acknowledgement that im not buying a heat sink makes it so that i will buy the 1500x as it comes with a better cooler out of the box (the spire) whereas the 1400x comes with the wraith stealth

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

The price difference between the 1500x and the 1400 is £10, but OP would have to pay £30 more for a 1600. I'd say the 1500x makes sense here.

The 580 isn't a bad choice either, but 1060s of the 6GB flavour can be found for about £30 less than this 580. They perform similarly but run a little bit cooler on average, and getting one would allow you to get the 1600 instead of the 1500x. If you consider it though, be aware that you will probably reach lower frequencies with a 6 core than a 4 core part if you're using the same stock cooler, which might not be such a good deal if you only care about gaming. You shouldn't be scared of overclocking anyway, there's basically no risk involved. Except if you're like me and you don't bother stress-testing when you're done, which can result in unexpected stability issues under heavy load.

Also, CPU overclocking is one thing, but you'll get most of your performance uplift in gaming from overclocking your GPU. You can get already significant improvements just from undervolting the core and overclocking the memory on pascal cards, which is pretty much free performance at this point.

3 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheGods Skinhub.com said:

i think that the £50 upgrading to 1600x

You'd need a cooler with a 1600x, which would increase the cost even more.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£175.19 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£63.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (£83.14 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Crucial - BX300 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£44.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£36.00 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GT OCV1 Video Card  (£229.98 @ Novatech) 
Case: Aerocool - QS-240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£47.20 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £709.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-11 00:50 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@ OP, what monitor do you have and what games/resolution/details is your build aimed at?