**HELP** Gaming Laptop, WHY LOW FPS

Hey all,

I DESPERATELY NEED HELP. Recently got a gaming laptop from Dell, has a:

GTX 1050 TI

16 GB RAM

7th Gen Core i7 7600HQ

I made sure Global 3d Settings has NVidia processor enabled, BUT

I AM STILL GETTING 30-50 fps on Counter-Strike, low fps on DotA and horrible fps on overwatch.

My drivers are up to date, but I have a weird feeling that maybe integrated graphics is still being used for games? WHAT DO I DO!??

Check if power saver is turned on. Download MSI Afterburner and check you GPU clocks. They tend to get lowered a lot for reasons unknown. And usual, reinstall drivers, etc. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

In the past, I've had some issues with my GPU running at idle clock speed, might that be it?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

Might it be utilising the integrated graphics for some reason? Also, in the past, I've had some issues with my GPU running at idle clock speed, might that be it?

I'm worried its still using integrated graphics. 1050 ti is a handy card, and Ive used a 1050 ti in a desktop before paired with less superior cpu's and CS has run perfectly, I'm starting to get annoyed. Cant understand why this is happening!

Just now, davidscott said:

I'm worried its still using integrated graphics. 1050 ti is a handy card, and Ive used a 1050 ti in a desktop before paired with less superior cpu's and CS has run perfectly, I'm starting to get annoyed. Cant understand why this is happening!

Did you try running the MSI afterburner overlay to check which GPU is being used?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Also that, open NV Control Panel and pick High Performance Graphics for the game.

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Check if power saver is turned on. Download MSI Afterburner and check you GPU clocks. They tend to get lowered a lot for reasons unknown. And usual, reinstall drivers, etc. 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_1.png

oh... yeah overclock it if you can

Are you getting this bad FPS when plugged in or when unplugged?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

3 hours ago, davidscott said:

Pic

I'll assume that's on idle. If so, that's normal. Check it under load. 

Geforce experience has a dumb little option in the power menu that automatically limits fps to like 30-40 fps. drove me crazy with my laptop until I found it.  Might be worth checking to see if you have GFE installed already and its enabled.

4 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Are you getting this bad FPS when plugged in or when unplugged?

I haven’t checked about plug in performance? I can check right now.

What are your settings and resolution at? Also having a 1050ti myself at stock clock i get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher than that so something in seriously wrong.