Small question before big decision

Flevor

Hey,

I currently own an acer predator Acer Predator XB271HK 27" 4K UHD IPS NVIDIA G-Sync 60hz monitor

but i really really want a 144hz or higher monitor but i have no clue what to go for..i am so afraid i'll waste money to buy another monitor say 1440p only to not like the loss of quality (if there is any)

I am just really impatient and i seriously don't want to wait until...somewhere in 2018 when they release 4k 144hz or other stuff

So my question is..I want to buy a 144hz monitor or anything atleast above 60hz for gaming (fps,mmo's mostly) wich one would can you guys recommend me right now that isn't such a big loss in quality than the 4k monitor i have now

I think of spending max 1000€/$ for one..

Please help me out of my misery 

so, first off, do you have the graphics horsepower to power a 1440p 144Hz experience? i assume you do seeing as you have a 4K monitor, but 1440p 144Hz is extremely demanding if you want to run good settings

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so, first off, do you have the graphics horsepower to power a 1440p 144Hz experience? i assume you do seeing as you have a 4K monitor, but 1440p 144Hz is extremely demanding if you want to run good settings

Well i currently run GTX 1080 in SLI (abit overclocked) i'm slightly under the impression it will be enough for 1440p 144hz or atleast things above 60hz

Sorry i should've mentioned this