List of sites that try to run mining software in the background

Not sure what section this would fit in. Mods please feel free to move it to an appropriate location.

Please NOTE: I and anyone else using this forum nor site admins, moderators, owners, etc are not responsible for you deciding to explore anything listed here and getting infected or other problems occurring as a result. This is just a list for your information

This will be a list of sites i've found to try and run various miners in the background on your computer. It will be updated periodically when I have time. Please feel free to send me sites that you have found do so so I can add them.

I thought it might be useful to have a list of these sites somewhere so people know what areas to avoid and/or add to their blockers

Ways to prevent unauthorized mining

Spoiler
  • Block every miner you come across or read about
  • Turnoff JavaScript
  • Run a good antivirus and anti-malware program
  • Periodically check task manager for unauthorized programs and heavy cpu/gpu usage when there shouldn't be any

I will try to keep it somewhat organized by: Site type, miner type, sites that have in the past but don't now (supposedly), and other categories you may suggest.

Coinhive.com, coin-hive.com, and coinhive.min.js are possibly the biggest provider of said website mining. Blocking it can help (not guaranteed though) prevent miners specific to this provider from popping up

When you suggest a site, please do not link it, just the name and suffix should suffice. Type of site, type of miner used if possible, and other information that may be helpful is welcome.

Spoiler

Video Sites

Spoiler

JavaScript Miners  (Runs from your browser)

thevideo.me (Tries to run secretly in the background)

thevideo.us (Tries to run secretly in the background)

showtime.com (Tries to run secretly in the background)

showtimeanytime.com (Tries to run secretly in the background)

Putlocker.movie

Torrent Sites

Spoiler

JavaScript Miners

thepiratebay.org (Was originally running secretly in the background but now discloses on their site that they run it)

Others (popups, background sites, etc)

Spoiler

jsccnn.com

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I think I once stumbled to a website after getting redirected and it triggered my AV and it says it blocked malware from the URL coinhive.com, preventing its download and execution. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I don't mind as long as they are disclosing it.

And as long as they are not trying to install something in the background so you will continue mining even after leaving the site.

To be frank, if annoying ADs weren't so commonplace, ADblock wouldn't be as popular as it is now, and keep in mind, I said ANNOYING ADs.

Maybe AD companies should keep their dicks in their pants.

I'll try to remember this thread if I find anything.

8 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think I once stumbled to a website after getting redirected and it triggered my AV and it says it blocked malware from the URL coinhive.com, preventing its download and execution. 

coinhive.com is one of the big mining providers for this type of thing.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Will this site still mining even after i close the tab?

As far as I know it does due to how they have implemented it but I'd be careful anyway. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

2 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Periodically check task manager for unauthorized programs and heavy cpu/gpu usage when there shouldn't be any

I’d prefer process explorer or process hacker as they view more and more detailed than task manager 

2 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

coinhive.com is one of the big mining providers for this type of thing.

I guess AV programs can tell if you consented mining or not. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I’d prefer process explorer or process hacker as they view more and more detailed than task manager 

I guess AV programs can tell if you consented mining or not. 

Yeah those are pretty good. The real problem is if they spoof legitimate windows processes. It's quite a bit more difficult to find them then. Sometimes they'll even go as far as to use the default paths for said processes...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!