[Finished] "Carbonation" First [serious] build ::: Orange Prodigy ::: Tons of pictures!

orangefurball

clean the dust 

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma

Hmm.. the cpu fan wires held just by the solders isn't a great idea. I like it otherwise. :)

clean the dust

I've tried, I ran out of air a few days ago and haven't bought any more yet

Does plasti dip affect heat?

To a certain extent, but in thin layers (like I have here) on these parts it won't be bad. If it was an OC CPU I would probably not do it

Hmm.. the cpu fan wires held just by the solders isn't a great idea.

I'll probably put some hot glue over them to hold them down better

Orange Furball "Carbonation" - Bitfenix Prodigy (modded), Core i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB & 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, HD 7870 GHz ED. Build Log HERE

Hmm... you can make a longer cable? :)

what do you mean? Wouldn't that put even more stress on the solder points?

Orange Furball "Carbonation" - Bitfenix Prodigy (modded), Core i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB & 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, HD 7870 GHz ED. Build Log HERE

Well everyone, the day has finally come. I'm more or less done with the build other than the CPU fan cable.

Here are the pictures of some of the wrapping and the finished project

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Plasti Dipped the cooler shroudPosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Make a longer cable, then place it in the original guides.. use zip ties if the original notches can't take the sleeve (brake them and use zip ties instead). Then, route the cable slightly different so it still looks good.

Make a longer cable, then place it in the original guides.. use zip ties if the original notches can't take the sleeve (brake them and use zip ties instead). Then, route the cable slightly different so it still looks good.

I believe I can do that with the cable at its current length. I'll try it now

This is about the best I could do. I don't really have anywhere else to rout the cable.

Posted Image

But it is only temporary until I have the funds to water cool.

Computer running stable, and it looks good. I now love Plasti Dip. It's so amazing! If anyone has any questions please ask. Thanks everyone!

Thanks! Is there a good technique to panting plastip on pcbs? If you could point me to a guide. that would be awesome

I've tried, I ran out of air a few days ago and haven't bought any more yet
To a certain extent, but in thin layers (like I have here) on these parts it won't be bad. If it was an OC CPU I would probably not do it
I'll probably put some hot glue over them to hold them down better

Thanks! Is there a good technique to panting plastip on pcbs? If you could point me to a guide. that would be awesome

I didn't really find a guide, I just googled to make sure Plasti Dip contained no metal or conductive stuff, then I just went for it. I did a couple super light coats (it will look like it isn't covering at first, but the second light coat will cover better) then just a put a medium coat down and wait for it to dry, make sure you get good coverage. And remember, in order for it to peel off it can't be paper thin, but don't make it super thick.

Now for the connectors and everything you could either tape them off or take some spare female connector things and put them over it. That's what I did for most of them. The RAM and PCI-e spots I just took a piece of cardboard from a shoebox and cut it to size, stuck it in and went for it.

All in all it'd an easy process. And if you don't like it you can just peel it off!

I wasn't quite happy. I liked the work I did, I just didn't like the carbon fiber on the side panels. It doesn't stuck very well to the metal and bubbles up even if there is no air, so I plasti dipped them. This looks so much better. I also added some more carbon fiber accents to make up for it.

So this is it, 100% complete.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Very nice love the backplate

Thanks! It was a good way to display the name!

Love the orange carbon vinyl

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Love the orange carbon vinyl

Me too! It is only $7-$8 for a 12" by 60" roll