Need help learning C#.

adham.

Hey guys

so i'm new to programming like less than 6 months in experience and i like it very much actually :)
I'm a novice in JS and HTML i'm still learning but i feel like i'm moving quickly now due to learning over the period of 6 months or so that i've talked about.

But before i've learned anything about JS and HTML i really wanted to learn C# but couldn't find any good websites to learn from. I'm learning JS and HTML from Codeacadmy and they are amazing. sadly though they don't have any C# courses and i really want to learn C# but never found any websites and all the videos i've seen are too complicated and lack in the engaging process that Codecademy provides. So i'm seeking help here if anyone can tell me a good place to learn C# i would be thankful.

Thanks in advance :)

4 minutes ago, adham. said:

Hey guys

so i'm new to programming like less than 6 months in experience and i like it very much actually :)
I'm a novice in JS and HTML i'm still learning but i feel like i'm moving quickly now due to learning over the period of 6 months or so that i've talked about.

But before i've learned anything about JS and HTML i really wanted to learn C# but couldn't find any good websites to learn from. I'm learning JS and HTML from Codeacadmy and they are amazing. sadly though they don't have any C# courses and i really want to learn C# but never found any websites and all the videos i've seen are too complicated and lack in the engaging process that Codecademy provides. So i'm seeking help here if anyone can tell me a good place to learn C# i would be thankful.

Thanks in advance :)

Do codeacademy do Java? Java and C# are very similar.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Do codeacademy do Java? Java and C# are very similar.

Yes, And i've been learning Java for a while now. The problem is i don't know anything about C# and thus i don't know how they are similar.

JavaScript and C# are almost the same. Instead of function you use void and some other things but you figure it out fast

45 minutes ago, adham. said:

Yes, And i've been learning Java for a while now. The problem is i don't know anything about C# and thus i don't know how they are similar.

I'd just open visual studio and start typing in Java (not JavaScript, easy to get them mixed up because of the names).

If you get errors it will say what you need to change. They really are so similar - just boolean is bool and a couple of little things like that.

I edit my posts a lot.

The official Microsoft page for C# is a good start. It even has in browser coding so you don't have to use VS if you don't want to.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

22 hours ago, tp95112 said:

JavaScript and C# are almost the same. Instead of function you use void and some other things but you figure it out fast

so not true. Void is used when a function doesn't return anything where as if it returns, for example a string, you have to define the function as a string. "void" is not the function

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

so not true. Void is used when a function doesn't return anything where as if it returns, for example a string, you have to define the function as a string. "void" is not the function

Ah amazing! I was trying really really hard to not say anything... So glad that you've fielded the first attack! xD

On 22/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, adham. said:

Codeacadmy

On 22/11/2017 at 8:57 PM, MrDrWho13 said:

codeacademy

There's no 'a' in that see: Codecademy

On 22/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, adham. said:

So i'm seeking help here if anyone can tell me a good place to learn C# i would be thankful.

I'd direct you to Pluralsight and any of the latest beginner to intermediate C# courses therein. However I would also suggest that you start thinking about your theory because any given chimp can learn how to bang and clatter around in a given syntax and this is exactly where Codecademy alone will leave you... Being able to write good quality software that adheres to good engineering and design principles is a different story entirely.

Appropriate questions may be: What do you want from this and what's driving you?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Depending on how profficent at programming you are this might be all you really need:

If one video's not enough, there should be a full series on C# on his channel. He's also got some videos on Unity which basically uses C#.

Google is your friend, I just learned (10+ years ago) by doing. Just bring up the developers studio and start writing code - I knew C and C++, if you know at least some Java it is close. Write java and the IDE will give you errors where there are mistakes. Google search specific questions, read Microsoft's help and code libraries, read stack overflow. 

Frankly there is no better way to learn to code than by picking a project and doing it.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, AncientNerd said:

read Microsoft's help

agreed. Not just Microsoft any of the major languages have very good documentation. Microsoft also has code snippets.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´