which power supply is better between those two

mushismono
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

The Thermaltake by such a large margin you could add a few potatoes to the Cooler Master and it still wouldn't matter.

Why are these the only two choices?  Live on an island without an airport?  Got a gun to your head?

which power supply is better between those two :

Thermaltake smart se 530w

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001964

and

cooler master thunder 500w

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/thunder/thunder-500w/

i know both are not the best if not they are bad but it is my only two choice :( which one is better in stability etc? which one you recommened me to put in my chasis? 

thank you in advance!! (i looked at PSU tier list before posting but still not sure/no thunder)

The Thermaltake by such a large margin you could add a few potatoes to the Cooler Master and it still wouldn't matter.

Why are these the only two choices?  Live on an island without an airport?  Got a gun to your head?

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

thanks, i installed the thermaltake one, yes i live on an island (with airports) but here pc parts are not 'popular' like there are no shop with graphic card they tell you you have to pre order which is the only option, no i dont have a gun to my head, and also every thing is expensive here for example rx 580 msi 8gb = 500$... i really needed a powersupply and those were the only 2 option which was in a shop very far from i live, i live in mauritius ^^ it is a nightmare for pc gamers and shipping cost is also high :<

thanks for your help btw!

12 minutes ago, mushismono said:

which power supply is better between those two :

Seems like Pest and Cholera to me...

12 minutes ago, mushismono said:

i know both are not the best if not they are bad but it is my only two choice :( which one is better in stability etc? which one you recommened me to put in my chasis? 

Why are those the only choices you have??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, ChaosJ said:

If budget is the reason why you have only those two then here. I think this is a similar budget. the thermaltake was about CAD $75 for the 530w

EVGA 550 w g2 https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-G2-0550-Y1/dp/B0106RDI3W/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511167726&sr=8-5&keywords=550w+psu

not only budget but availability in my country, if i buy this EVGA  550w g2 i have to pay 70$ shipping ..thanks for helping btw!! i will buy a tier 1/2 psu when i can but for now am stuck between those two

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Seems like Pest and Cholera to me...

Why are those the only choices you have??

which is better pest or cholera? xD
basically it is a mix of budget,availability and shipping cost being too high :<
thanks for helping btw!!

1 hour ago, mushismono said:

not only budget but availability in my country, if i buy this EVGA  550w g2 i have to pay 70$ shipping ..thanks for helping btw!! i will buy a tier 1/2 psu when i can but for now am stuck between those two

dang! well good luck :)

The Thermaltake is fine, really.

Hi everyone I recently purchased a Coolermaster V750 fully modular psu and I heard random coil buzzing ( a bit less now ) will it go away. Pls advise 

1 hour ago, ckl_1981 said:

Hi everyone I recently purchased a Coolermaster V750 fully modular psu and I heard random coil buzzing ( a bit less now ) will it go away. Pls advise 

So what does this have to do with the Thermaltake Smart SE or Cooler Master Thunder?

Could you not find the "start new topic" button?

So what does this have to do with the Thermaltake Smart SE or Cooler Master Thunder?

Could you not find the "start new topic" button?

Sorry new here