Do Product Keys Received From Microsoft Imagine Last Forever?

marvin5881

I just received a lot of product keys for Windows software (Windows Server, Windows 10, SQL Server 2017) from Microsoft Imagine and was wondering if these keys ever expire, or do they just last forever like regular product keys?

12 minutes ago, marvin5881 said:

I just received a lot of product keys for Windows software (Windows Server, Windows 10, SQL Server 2017) from Microsoft Imagine and was wondering if these keys ever expire, or do they just last forever like regular product keys?

So long as your academic institution continues to pay for the subscription, none of your products will deactivate.

However, it's worth noting that your use of them after leaving your place of education is against the EULA. I don't want to say illegal since we know what kind of armchair lawyer hell that can stir up, but you're really supposed to buy your own software licenses (or move to companies who provide them) once your education is complete and you aren't officially using them for learning purposes anymore.

Edit: It's also worth noting that depending on the exact infrastructure being used in the back end by your place of learning, they can potentially revoke any keys issued for your own personal use. In reality, I have never seen this used, but this is me talking from my experience with Dreamspark. I'm pretty sure this is the exact same program that's just been renamed.

AFAIK they work for that product same way as normal license would. If its for OS or other single pay product, it works for that product as long as you use that product. It won't work on newer version unless there's free upgrade. If its yearly subscription, its locked with your account (usually institutions account) and will only work with that account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv