Suggestions for router?

Mixzzz

Hey, I'm finally upgrading my network but I'm not sure what to get exatcly. I'm currently using a pretty shitty solution consisting of 2 tp link cheapo routers. I have 3 wired devices and like 5 wifi devices. The must-have is a good gigabit LAN thats actually can achieve those speeds. Currently I'm looking at MikroTik Hex router and 2 seperate APs because I can't really cover the whole house with only 1 AP or it would be in a very inconvenient place with wires coming to it(ugly). Also there would be a switch in the middle because the 2nd AP would sit in my room... 

What do you think? Any suggestions?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

6 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

What is model tplink you use currently?

Not sure, but it is cheapo shitty ones that ISPs provide(150mbit wireless with 100mbit wan :D) It restarts quite often when using YT on wireless devices.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

both? is the firmware locked?
I've also recently upgrading the stock firmware of TL-WR740N, someone selling it for $7

The point is, this unit with stock firmware is completely shit, installed gargoyle and it's usable for extra access point, so you don't have to buy it.

as for your initial question

My answers is quite similar to this

7 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

both? is the firmware locked?
I've also recently upgrading the stock firmware of TL-WR740N, someone selling it for $7

The point is, this unit with stock firmware is completely shit, installed gargoyle and it's usable for extra access point, so you don't have to buy it.

as for your initial question

My answers is quite similar to this

Huh, its probably that... So it seems like you support my idea of mikrotik router? :D 

4 minutes ago, Mixzzz said:

Huh, its probably that... So it seems like you support my idea of mikrotik router? :D 

Sure, that's a great one.

13 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Sure, that's a great one.

any suggestions for a switch?