Any chance we can get linus to review this?

I want Linus to review the RFS-500 Coolant Flush and Refill Station by Koolance cuz i was thinking of getting one but i see no reviews for it on youtube or anywhere can only see the pdf user manual.

Uh, do not spend $1200 for what is literally just a "fancy" reservoir and pump..........

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

- Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling -

OP this not a News Topic FYI.

Please review the Tech News and Review Guidelines for posting in that section.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

Uh, do not spend $1200 for what is literally just a "fancy" reservoir and pump..........

I will buy it because i want to

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

- Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling -

OP this not a News Topic FYI.

Please review the Tech News and Review Guidelines for posting in that section.

sorry thought it was the correct one in the drop-down menu sorry again!!!

7 minutes ago, KageHasegawa said:

Ok cool, well nobody else will, so there is really no point in Linus wasting his time to review it.

If you're going to waste your money on this anyway then why would you care about a review in the first place.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, KageHasegawa said:

If you don't care about Enderman's opinion, why do you care about Linus'?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

because I trust Linus's opinion and since it is expensive I want to know if it works if I end up buying it then ill tell you how it goes, however, I don't have that kind of money nor do I know anyone that would want it besides me and since I'm trying to do an extreme build for personal use then I just want to go balls to the wall so to speak.

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You want Linus to buy and invest man hours into reviewing this product just so you can make a purchasing decision?

Wrong forum, ask somewhere else. Might want to check if you're in the wrong realm while you're at it.

I'm from earth realm thank you for asking (mortal combat joke) and I do this with any purchasing decision I look up reviews since I don't have tons of money asking if he can review something isn't a bad or stupid question if he chooses not to do it he just won't do it because it was just a suggestion

11 minutes ago, KageHasegawa said:

I'm from earth realm thank you for asking (mortal combat joke) and I do this with any purchasing decision I look up reviews since I don't have tons of money asking if he can review something isn't a bad or stupid question if he chooses not to do it he just won't do it because it was just a suggestion

If you don't have the money it's always a bad idea to purchase something to do something you could do yourself almost for free.

Since that thing only is useful for changing the fluid loop, it does make sense that you first don't need it, then that you won't use it that often anyway to warrant the price, and finally it won't even make your build better/ better looking since it's an accessory, so it doesn't make sense for your needs.

That kind of thing would be useful and worth it if you'd build or repair 5 to 10 watercooled pc's a day since it would save you enough time to squeeze in another pc in your repairing schedule. Then the return on investment would probably be around a month or two of work with it.

26 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

If you don't have the money it's always a bad idea to purchase something to do something you could do yourself almost for free.

Since that thing only is useful for changing the fluid loop, it does make sense that you first don't need it, then that you won't use it that often anyway to warrant the price, and finally it won't even make your build better/ better looking since it's an accessory, so it doesn't make sense for your needs.

That kind of thing would be useful and worth it if you'd build or repair 5 to 10 watercooled pc's a day since it would save you enough time to squeeze in another pc in your repairing schedule. Then the return on investment would probably be around a month or two of work with it.

so I thought about that too but Changing out fluid can be a chore no one wants so what I thought about doing is getting a TT 900 case and butting this in the back as well as a chiller s that it is still all one unit is there anything that can basically do the same thing with a smaller form factor then or has a less price because I do just basically want it for convenience and maintenance for whenever I want to change fluids

"I don't have that kind of money"

*wants to spend $1200 USD on an external pump and reservoir*

What happened to logic and reason??

Image result for facepalm

If you use good quality fluid you can go for years without changing it.

If you want to make changing it easier then add a fill port and drain valve to your loop, then it takes minutes to change the fluid.

There is literally ZERO need for an external pump and res that is overpriced by 10x.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

"I don't have that kind of money"

*wants to spend $1200 USD on an external pump and reservoir*

What happened to logic and reason??

Image result for facepalm

If you use good quality fluid you can go for years without changing it.

If you want to make changing it easier then add a fill port and drain valve to your loop, then it takes minutes to change the fluid.

There is literally ZERO need for an external pump and res that is overpriced by 10x.

ok then let me explain further I don't have the money to just spend on something that may or may not work now can you please stop with the negativity I did nothing but ask for a possible review I did nothing to you so I don't know why you have a problem in the first place and why your just choosing to be mean about it.

4 minutes ago, KageHasegawa said:

ok then let me explain further I don't have the money to just spend on something that may or may not work now can you please stop with the negativity I did nothing but ask for a possible review I did nothing to you so I don't know why you have a problem in the first place and why your just choosing to be mean about it.

Well I mean it's just a pump and res... why would it not work...

The question is WHY would you spend that much money on something that is useless.

I don't have a problem if you want to waste $1200 on a pump and res when you could literally just use a fill and drain port, I'm trying to explain to you why it is a waste of money.

It isn't my money after all.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Well I mean it's just a pump and res... why would it not work...

The question is WHY would you spend that much money on something that is useless.

I don't have a problem if you want to waste $1200 on a pump and res when you could literally just use a fill and drain port, I'm trying to explain to you why it is a waste of money.

It isn't my money after all.

its the fact it just takes a headache away from a lot of cleaning I don't have a problem using a drain loop it just one of those things that you get just to make it easier ya know?

12 minutes ago, KageHasegawa said:

its the fact it just takes a headache away from a lot of cleaning I don't have a problem using a drain loop it just one of those things that you get just to make it easier ya know?

What cleaning are you talking about...

If you have a fill and drain port, you just put a bucket at the bottom and open both ports and let the fluid come out.

Then (if you're changing the colour) you run a bit of distilled water through, and fill it up with new fluid.

This is how everyone, including extreme system builders, refills their loop.

There is literally no need for an external pump and res, much less a $1200 one xD

That just overcomplicates things even more.

Spoiler