OneDrive and Common User Folder

So I'm trying to make it to where my Pictures, Music, Documents, and Video's are shared between my Windows install and Kubuntu. However, I want to know, is there a way for Windows to understand Linux links and for Linux to understand Window's links? And does anyone know why Linux isn't able to open my OneDrive folder? When I do:

ls -l /media/tech/Data/Personal\ Files/

I get for OneDrive:

d????????? OneDrive

I know Linux can understand something that Window's too understand, I just have no idea what it is, If I do:

ls -l /media/tech/Windows/

The result I get back is:

Documents and Settings -> /media/tech/Windows/Users/

Brah, do you even Java?

So... we need a little more detail on this first. Are you trying to mount a network share between computers? Or simply trying to gain access to a folder on the same hard drive of a dual boot installation? More than likely you don't have the NTFS-3G drivers installed correctly in Linux in order to read and write to an NTFS filesystem, or something isn't mounting correctly because of reason XYZ. Details pls.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

5 minutes ago, kirashi said:

So... we need a little more detail on this first. Are you trying to mount a network share between computers? Or simply trying to gain access to a folder on the same hard drive of a dual boot installation? More than likely you don't have the NTFS-3G drivers installed correctly in Linux in order to read and write to an NTFS filesystem, or something isn't mounting correctly because of reason XYZ. Details pls.

It's a dual boot machine. The shared data sits on a separate partition of both. Window's has its 100GB partition and Kubuntu has its 50GB partition. I believe NTFS-3G is installed, however, I am not near that computer at the moment to check. However, since I haven't done much messing around with programs and whatnot, buy using the Linux distro installed on my laptop that I have with me, I can only assume Kubuntu comes with NTFS-3g. And, as you can guess, it's not a network drive, it's on a dual-boot HDD. I already have to tell Kubuntu noslpash, noquite, and pci=nomsi in order for it to work, and I've explored every single aspect of the shared Data Drive and everything seems normal.

Brah, do you even Java?

11 minutes ago, Tech N Gamer said:

It's a dual boot machine. The shared data sits on a separate partition of both. Window's has its 100GB partition and Kubuntu has its 50GB partition. I believe NTFS-3G is installed, however, I am not near that computer at the moment to check. However, since I haven't done much messing around with programs and whatnot, buy using the Linux distro installed on my laptop that I have with me, I can only assume Kubuntu comes with NTFS-3g. And, as you can guess, it's not a network drive, it's on a dual-boot HDD. I already have to tell Kubuntu noslpash, noquite, and pci=nomsi in order for it to work, and I've explored every single aspect of the shared Data Drive and everything seems normal.

Hmmm OK, that helps. I haven't mounted an NTFS partition on Linux in a long time, since I've long since learned it's just better to use EXT3/4 natively to eliminate problems cause by Windows inability to use a standardized open-source filesystem. That being said, you may need to look into checking the NTFS partition using gParted to ensure it's not locked from Windows 10's "Fast Startup" setting, and fiddle around with mount -t switches in terminal.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Hmmm OK, that helps. I haven't mounted an NTFS partition on Linux in a long time, since I've long since learned it's just better to use EXT3/4 natively to eliminate problems cause by Windows inability to use a standardized open-source filesystem. That being said, you may need to look into checking the NTFS partition using gParted to ensure it's not locked from Windows 10's "Fast Startup" setting, and fiddle around with mount -t switches in terminal.

I'll try that when I get to that computer. The OneDrive folder being -1 (or whatever ????????? is for Linux) for permissions is weird as it does register that it is a directory. Guessing if it's not locked then it might be something else?

Brah, do you even Java?

5 minutes ago, Tech N Gamer said:

I'll try that when I get to that computer. The OneDrive folder being -1 (or whatever ????????? is for Linux) for permissions is weird as it does register that it is a directory. Guessing if it's not locked then it might be something else?

The "d??????" in front of the folder when you run an "ls -l" command is denoting that it's a directory, but cannot determine any other permissions since NTFS does not support Linux permissions. If it were an EXT3/4 formatted drive, you'd actually see something like "d?rw?rw" in front, denoting that your user and your group have read/write access to the folder, but again, if the OneDrive folder is located on an NTFS partition, it sounds to me like it can't read it or it hasn't been mounted correctly.

16 minutes ago, kirashi said:

The "d??????" in front of the folder when you run an "ls -l" command is denoting that it's a directory, but cannot determine any other permissions since NTFS does not support Linux permissions. If it were an EXT3/4 formatted drive, you'd actually see something like "d?rw?rw" in front, denoting that your user and your group have read/write access to the folder, but again, if the OneDrive folder is located on an NTFS partition, it sounds to me like it can't read it or it hasn't been mounted correctly.

Either way it's not making sense. On my laptop whch has an NTFS partiton on it, every folder it spews out is d-rw-rw-rw, none or them conttains ? nor are just d folowed by 9 ?.

Brah, do you even Java?

6 hours ago, kirashi said:

Well, looks like the ext4 fs partition died so I have to reinstall Kubuntu.

Brah, do you even Java?

3 hours ago, Tech N Gamer said:

Well, looks like the ext4 fs partition died so I have to reinstall Kubuntu.

Well crap, that'd definitely have something to do with it. :( 

12 hours ago, kirashi said:

And the OneDrive folder is still a bunch of question marks and red.

Brah, do you even Java?

19 hours ago, kirashi said:

So I tried rebooting into Kubuntu but it came up with the busybox thing. I have no idea what it is but it says that the partition is corrupted again.

EDIT: I did e2fsck -vb 32786 /dev/sda6 and it's spewing a bunch of numbers.

EDIT 2: I rebooted the computer and Kubuntu is now back and running.

EDIT 3: I've given up, I think it's because of the way OneDrive works now and the latest version of Windows.

Brah, do you even Java?