My first Gaming PC build

thiccripper

Having only owned and played an xbox 360 and ps3 for the last 5 years, i finally decided to build a PC, and thank god i did, it craps all over them

specs-

ryzen 5 1600

evga gtx 1070 sc

evga supernova g2 750w psu

samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd

wd blue 1tb

asus rog strix b350-f gaming motherboard

16gb crucial ballistix 3200mhz ddr4 ram

corsair carbide 270r

upgrades planned in the future-

noctua nhd 15 cpu cooler 

rgb lighting

still need to do a bit of work on the setup, need some monitor stands, headphone stand, mouse mat, cable management of desk

let me know what you think

22551031_1945003562435735_1691832300_o.jpg

22550702_1945003475769077_768207252_o.jpg

22496947_1945003509102407_778164695_o.jpg

22429216_1945003525769072_275600405_o.jpg

22532218_1945003555769069_2130972722_o.jpg

Pretty damn good PC, especially for a first-time system builder. You did your research well. Excellent cable management too. I all too often see first time builds with masses of cables covering every part of the system.

46 minutes ago, thiccripper said:

Snip

Where is the D15 cooler? Its a pretty well balanced system. I don't think you needed to purchase an aftermarket cooler, and the money could have gone to a better GPU (not that you really need a better GPU, but extra money is extra money).

Other than that very minor gripe its a solid, well balanced build. I actually appreciate not seeing an ugly D15 cooler in there anyway, as I think it looks significantly better this way.

EDIT: seems you said "upgrades planned for future" when you mentioned the D15.... I might recommend the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, or a Cryorig H5/R1 for aesthetic preferences if you haven't purchased it yet. the D15 is very slightly better than those coolers, but they're all so large and overkill for how little heat a R5 1600 generates that none of them are going to make ANY noise whilst keeping your R5 1600 extremely cool under any level of overclock.... So with that in mind you may as well buy the better looking ones IMO (unless you really love the puke brown look in your system, then by all means go for it)

congrats for an amazing build :D add rgd fan or lighting . dont put noctua to ruin the aesthetics. if you want aftermarket cooler, try from cryorig or be quiet but i dont think you need anyway.   

2 hours ago, CatsAurora said:

Pretty damn good PC, especially for a first-time system builder. You did your research well. Excellent cable management too. I all too often see first time builds with masses of cables covering every part of the system.

cheers bro, yeah i was wanting to build a pc for over 3 years and finally decided to do it, so i had plenty of time to plan it

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

Where is the D15 cooler? Its a pretty well balanced system. I don't think you needed to purchase an aftermarket cooler, and the money could have gone to a better GPU (not that you really need a better GPU, but extra money is extra money).

Other than that very minor gripe its a solid, well balanced build. I actually appreciate not seeing an ugly D15 cooler in there anyway, as I think it looks significantly better this way.

EDIT: seems you said "upgrades planned for future" when you mentioned the D15.... I might recommend the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3, or a Cryorig H5/R1 for aesthetic preferences if you haven't purchased it yet. the D15 is very slightly better than those coolers, but they're all so large and overkill for how little heat a R5 1600 generates that none of them are going to make ANY noise whilst keeping your R5 1600 extremely cool under any level of overclock.... So with that in mind you may as well buy the better looking ones IMO (unless you really love the puke brown look in your system, then by all means go for it)

cheers for the advice, i was mainly looking to put the noctua in there because ive heard they are very high quality and excellent performers, also what i was thinking of doing was taking the 140mm fans from the nhd 15 and mounting them in the front of my case for better airflow, then putting some nice rgb fans on there from corsair, either sp 140's or hd 140's, or the industrial noctua black fans, worst comes to worse, i have an air brush at home so i can spray paint the stock noctua fans black. I was also looking at the h105 from corsair however i dont want the risk of leakages even though it is a very low probability.

1 hour ago, Fardin said:

congrats for an amazing build :D add rgd fan or lighting . dont put noctua to ruin the aesthetics. if you want aftermarket cooler, try from cryorig or be quiet but i dont think you need anyway.   

cheers, yeah i definitely need some rgb in there aye, was thinking of doing a whole lighting system with some arduino nano's and aidafruit addressable led strips

im also going to make some custom magnetic dust filters for the top of the case, other than the filters, i can highly reccomend the Corsair 270r for a budget case, build was easy as for first ever build and cable management was easy, also air flow looks better than most of the budget options for a mid tower, also i forgot to put a picture, i moved the gpu to the bottom slot so the rgb lighting on the board was visible, also to move the 8 pin gpu power cable lower and more out of the way

22546718_1945050879097670_1344879300_o.jpg

22473679_1945050965764328_1779455740_o.jpg

Definitely need another fan on the front IMO.  Looks like you run the risk of negative pressure in the case with the exhaust fan overpowering the intake fan.  If it it sucking air in the back grill area you have negative pressure.  Just check the CFM ratings of your fans, more intake than exhaust.

Other than that, looks good, way better than my first build.

9 minutes ago, Rookie_B said:

Definitely need another fan on the front IMO.  Looks like you run the risk of negative pressure in the case with the exhaust fan overpowering the intake fan.  If it it sucking air in the back grill area you have negative pressure.  Just check the CFM/pressure ratings of your fans, more intake than exhaust.

Other than that, looks good, way better than my first build.

should i just chuck the rear fan in the front and then when i get my nhd15 cooler, i will chuck the 140mm noctua fans from that in the front and then put the black fan back in the exhaust position

Keep the exhaust fan, would hate for you to overheat.  Won't really be an issue in the short term.  Depending on pets.  At worst just a little more cleaning till you can get another fan.

Personally, I would find a couple 120mm fans you like and slap those in the front when you get the chance.  That 1070 and the CPU cooler are dumping the hot air in your case.  Bigger fans are quieter, in general, too.

1 hour ago, Rookie_B said:

Personally, I would find a couple 120mm fans you like and slap those in the front when you get the chance.  That 1070 and the CPU cooler are dumping the hot air in your case.  Bigger fans are quieter, in general, too.

thabks for the advice

Made a magnetic dust filter for the top of my case because it doesnt come with one unfortunately

just used a magnetic learners plate fridge magnet type material and cut that up and stuck it to some stockings, looks quite good i think

22555815_1945089665760458_617575492_o.jpg

22546690_1945089672427124_154011867_o.jpg

22550637_1945089679093790_972456925_o.jpg

22550663_1945089685760456_326892489_o.jpg

22497228_1945089699093788_2125670143_o.jpg

8 hours ago, thiccripper said:

cheers for the advice, i was mainly looking to put the noctua in there because ive heard they are very high quality and excellent performers, also what i was thinking of doing was taking the 140mm fans from the nhd 15 and mounting them in the front of my case for better airflow

They ARE "better".... but with how cooling works, you're not going to notice it be any better than the other units I mentioned. And like I said, compared to the Dark Rock Pro 3 and the R1 Ultimate you will see minimal performance difference.

This is the setup so far, built my own monitor stands, just need to paint them black

22712029_1947022138900544_1008140404_o.jpg

Any reason why you want the screens so high up? That just looks like eye and neck pain to me personally. 

36 minutes ago, Colty said:

Any reason why you want the screens so high up? That just looks like eye and neck pain to me personally. 

its a standing height desk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's sweet as mate, well done :)

Why so dark? that your room or some editing suite? lol

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...