Sycthe Mugen 5 Review

minervx

It comes with a lot inside of the package.  Full mounting support for both Intel and AMD boards.  It comes with thermal paste (no need to buy separately).  It comes with a great magnetized screwdriver (used for mounting) which I'm happily adding to my toolbox.  Mounting the heatsink was very easy.  It is asymmetrically aligned to avoid intruding upon the RAM slots.  The heatsink is tall but it should fit in any ATX case and probably most Micro ATX cases.  Mini ITX builders are cautioned to check how much space they are allowed.  Installing the fan was rather annoying.  It is installed via thin metal clips on the heatsink.  It took me a while to figure out how to install them (apparently, you mount the clip on the outer screwholes (not the inner ones).  It still does not feel like a tight fit, but it hinges on well enough to prevent it from falling out.  The fan itself is of very good quality.  Rubber materials for reduced vibration, thin fan blades and aesthetically appealing overall.  The instruction manual is terrible, and apparently where they cut costs.

Overall, the cooler looks good aesthetically, allows overclocking without temperatures rising too much and it lowers the noise of the build.  For those who want silence, the Mugen 5 is a great choice, but you should make sure that your power supply, fans and storage setup are quiet before investing in a quiet cooler.  For it's price, it rests exactly between budget aftermarket cooler and a Noctua cooler at its $45 price.  All in all, I am happy with the product and I cannot imagine a much better air CPU cooler for my needs.

Rating: 8/10

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

would be nice if you added some thermals compareing it to something, and at least a picture of the product. preferably one of it mounted aswell

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

mg500.jpg

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Cooler cool, so would be nice to know the temps and how cool it is, cause most of the stuff you described can be found online of that cooler in a build in pcpp. 

rip