Unable to install cooler master hyper 612 ver 2 with compatible brackets provided by cooler master

I am unable to install the cooler master hyper 612 ver 2 on my am4 motherboard. The screw stands too high from the thread. Anyone else facing this issue?

i am using the am4 compatibility kit provided by cooler master.

image.jpg

any other screws in the box that might fit instead?

what if you were to put the screw side in first and the clip on the other end second? is that possible?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

No other screws were provided and I tried the other way but then the clip stays too high and if I press harder the motherboard might break. 

That's how it's supposed to be AFAIK.

you just need to push hard.

CPU mounting takes lots of force.

is there another screw on the other side? if so, release that one completely, and screw in one turn at a time per side

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I have pressed hard enough to flex the motherboard in the photo. I am pretty sure there is going to be damaged if I press any harder.

There is already a centimeter difference between the thread and the screw. I haven't had this kind of issue with my other coolers (wraith spire OR cooler master - master liquid 240)

There is no screw on the other side, it is a hook. I hook first on 1 side and then screw and secure on the other.