Define r5 vibration

ringo

My define r5 was vibrating so I put screws in those hole on HDD cages. I remove upper cage, only bottom cage (2 hdd, 1 sdd - screws for stoping vibration only in HDD ) is there. Vibration is now smaller but it didn`t completely disappear. It is not noticible when I am using SSD (In option it is set that my HDD turn off after 20mn), but when I watch some movie from HDD I can hear vibration sound. I know that there were many problem with this case vibration, what else could I do to stop it?

I have define R5. Front cages removed, because I have an AIO in push pull config. I haven't noticed any vibration what so ever. But the thing is, I put those rubber washers in between the HDDs and case and fans and case, so nothing that moves touches the case without having some vibration prevention in between.

They come with the case, did you try to use them?

15 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I have define R5. Front cages removed, because I have an AIO in push pull config. I haven't noticed any vibration what so ever. But the thing is, I put those rubber washers in between the HDDs and case and fans and case, so nothing that moves touches the case without having some vibration prevention in between.

They come with the case, did you try to use them?

You mean those round rubber that touches HDD, that are on default there? They are on every HDD. When you have time could you take a picture of that what you did and post it here? It is not urgent to me^_^

First I was thinking to put tape on bottom dust filter to eliminate by any chance that possibility, than I would put tape on HDD cage on part where it touches with HDD sloto.O

1 minute ago, ringo said:

You mean those round rubber that touches HDD, that are on default there? They are on every HDD. When you have time could you take a picture of that what you did and post it here? It is not urgent to me^_^

First I was thinking to put tape on bottom dust filter to eliminate by any chance that possibility, than I would put tape on HDD cage on part where it touches with HDD sloto.O

No, don't put tape on anything. I don't think that's necessary. Sure, I'll take a Picture. I think the poinc of vibration is where the drive cage mounts to the case. If everyone of your drives has that rubbery stuff in between them and the cage, then it should eliminate the vibration completely.. Unless it's touching sth else and gets it vibrating. Could you diagnose from where exactly is the vibrating comming from?

When I didn`t put screws in those holes on HDD cage vibration could be stopped by putting finger on the case. Now that doesn`t work. Maybe side panel is receving vibrations for HDD cage? For me it is so stupid that I must have this problem in such heavy and expensive case.

Looking forward to those pictures:D not urgent

On 9/6/2017 at 5:45 AM, Light-Yagami said:

No, don't put tape on anything. I don't think that's necessary. Sure, I'll take a Picture. I think the poinc of vibration is where the drive cage mounts to the case. If everyone of your drives has that rubbery stuff in between them and the cage, then it should eliminate the vibration completely.. Unless it's touching sth else and gets it vibrating. Could you diagnose from where exactly is the vibrating comming from?

Any chance that I get that pictures soon?9_9