[HELP] High-end PC with middle-range performance

Hi guys, so last year (August sometime) I built a high-end PC. It ran perfectly smooth then, however lately I've been getting framerate drops in games like Battlefield 1. It's running at about 20fps on max settings (everything) at 4K. It rann at 60fps before, but now that and GTA V has been running poorly for some reason. Even Norton causes the cursor to lag to around 14 fps (or something like that). Also I've been getting notifications that I've run out of memory if I'm laying on something like Gears of War 4 (which has also had a performance hit to around 39fps when playing split screen). I have G-sync enabled, Norton antivirus (it's horrible but I don't know if there's a better alternative), and 96GB free on my SSD (400GB PCI) running on Windows 10. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Specs:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080

32GB DDR4 RAM

MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon

Intel Core i7-6850K

400GB Intel PCI-Express SSD

Corsair AX1200i

14 minutes ago, Yellowpanda said:

Hi guys, so last year (August sometime) I built a high-end PC. It ran perfectly smooth then, however lately I've been getting framerate drops in games like Battlefield 1. It's running at about 20fps on max settings (everything) at 4K. It rann at 60fps before, but now that and GTA V has been running poorly for some reason. Even Norton causes the cursor to lag to around 14 fps (or something like that). Also I've been getting notifications that I've run out of memory if I'm laying on something like Gears of War 4 (which has also had a performance hit to around 39fps when playing split screen). I have G-sync enabled, Norton antivirus (it's horrible but I don't know if there's a better alternative), and 96GB free on my SSD (400GB PCI) running on Windows 10. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Specs:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080

32GB DDR4 RAM

MSI X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon

Intel Core i7-6850K

400GB Intel PCI-Express SSD

Corsair AX1200i

It is possible that it is overheating and thermal throttling, what is your cooling solution? Maybe the mounting is poor or some screws have gone off. It may also be a OS virus issue (try reinstalling Windows)

2 minutes ago, Javier Ewe said:

It is possible that it is overheating and thermal throttling, what is your cooling solution? Maybe the mounting is poor or some screws have gone off. It may also be a OS virus issue (try reinstalling Windows)

These are my current temperatures, but with the CPU I've got a liquid cooler. I don't have any other cooling solutions in my PC, and I don't overclock it. 
Also, with Windows 10, will reinstalling it cause me to lose any installed programs (like GeForce Experience, Magix Music Maker, etc.)?

Capture.PNG

personally i use avast antivirus, the free version, it works great. also, is that pic above my post when running a game? please post one with gta open for example, and post the cpu temps as well. you said you dont got other cooling solutions? i hope you got some case fans at least

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

personally i use avast antivirus, the free version, it works great. also, is that pic above my post when running a game? please post one with gta open for example, and post the cpu temps as well. you said you dont got other cooling solutions? i hope you got some case fans at least

That's when running battlefield, currently downloading a different temp 'scanner', and the case is a Corsair Airflow tower (all fans properly working and in place)

Just now, Yellowpanda said:

That's when running battlefield, currently downloading a different temp 'scanner', and the case is a Corsair Airflow tower (all fans properly working and in place)

can you post another battlefield gpu-z one, but this time after running gpu-z for about 1 min or so, and dont have it at it's startscreen, but real ingame action happening when monitoring the temps and such

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

9 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

can you post another battlefield gpu-z one, but this time after running gpu-z for about 1 min or so, and dont have it at it's startscreen, but real ingame action happening when monitoring the temps and such

Capture2.PNG

only thing i notice is that the memory is being fully used at 4k,so it has not enough place to have all the texturen on the memory of the card itself and the memory clock speed seems a little low to me

battlefield 1 run likes crap for most people, not as well made as battlefield 4.

9 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

only thing i notice is that the memory is being fully used at 4k,so it has not enough place to have all the texturen on the memory of the card itself and the memory clock speed seems a little low to me

Is there any way to fix this?

Fisrtly, I use malware bytes and even the free version works well as long as you have basic common sense. Second, have you cleaned your PC with compressed air or anything since you got it?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

7 minutes ago, Yellowpanda said:

Is there any way to fix this?

you can download msi afterburner or any other overclocking program and see how high the memory speed is in there. if it's also low, you can overclock the memory

5 minutes ago, A Silver said:

Fisrtly, I use malware bytes and even the free version works well as long as you have basic common sense. Second, have you cleaned your PC with compressed air or anything since you got it?

Yeah, I've done it once a month. I can't see any dust inside at the moment

you can download msi afterburner or any other overclocking program and see how high the memory speed is in there. if it's also low, you can overclock the memory

Is that a good idea (with warranty etc.)? I'm a bit concerned about having to overclock my PC, also because of it being relatively new(ish) and it's slowing down

25 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

do you got many programs open? it looks like the ram is fully used, your normal system ram, as well as the ram on your gpu (because you play at 4k).

according to msi afterburner the memory runs at the right speed (you got to double the mhz in afterburner just like you do with ddr)

do you got many programs open? it looks like the ram is fully used, your normal system ram, as well as the ram on your gpu (because you play at 4k).

according to msi afterburner the memory runs at the right speed (you got to double the mhz in afterburner just like you do with ddr)

I've got chrome open and that seems to be using nearly a full gig of RAM for some reason (three tabs open). Steam is running as well as Battlefield 1 (includes Origin running too).

1 minute ago, Yellowpanda said:

I've got chrome open and that seems to be using nearly a full gig of RAM for some reason (three tabs open). Steam is running as well as Battlefield 1 (includes Origin running too).

still it shouldnt use all of your ram. can you maybe post a picture of your memory useage/ just post a pic of taskmanager, processes and sort it on memory high-to-low

1 hour ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

still it shouldnt use all of your ram. can you maybe post a picture of your memory useage/ just post a pic of taskmanager, processes and sort it on memory high-to-low

I closed Battlefield 1, but these are all the processes still open (Chrome seems to have settled a bit)

Capture.PNG

31 minutes ago, Yellowpanda said:

I closed Battlefield 1, but these are all the processes still open (Chrome seems to have settled a bit)

alright, sorry but i can't help you. i really don't know what is wrong with your pc. sorry

1 minute ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

alright, sorry but i can't help you. i really don't know what is wrong with your pc. sorry

No worries, thanks for the assist :)

First  you should throw this Norton Crap away. Get Kaspersky.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I don't use antivirus and i haven't got any virus at all.

EDIT: also my pc ins't powerful enough to play triple titles like GTA5,Battlefield1, only eSports CS:GO,LOL,DOTA ect.

Desktop A10-7800, 12GB DDR3 1666MHz, R7 Radeon 1GB iGPU, 2TB HDD, Xonar DSX 7.1 Sound Card, Benq GL2450H 60Hz, Sony MDR-XB950

On 03/09/2017 at 1:10 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Have your drivers updated recently?

Yeah, I've checked and all the graphics drivers are installed, and Windows 10 is updated. Not sure what else to do