Streaming PC to TV In living room

theereal
Go to solution Solved by DrJones,

I use Steam Link, works through your home network over LAN or wifi, has built in USB for controllers or keyboard/mouse.

I wanted to play the games on my PC on my TV In the living room. To do this i realized I would either have to move the computer back and forth or get a 40m long HDMI cable (not even sure if those exist). Is there a way to stream wirelessly from the PC to the TV In the living room? Without lag ofcourse and good picture quality. The signal needs to go through a door (which Is relatively thin) but also a bearing wall (which Is thicker than a normal wall). Are there any products out there that do this?

There are wireless HDMI products, but probably not any that can go that far through your obstacles. I'd just move it back and forth and save a whack ton of money. Or you could go with the Steam sharing (or whatever it's called, don't use Steam personally) option or a Steam Link. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I use Steam Link, works through your home network over LAN or wifi, has built in USB for controllers or keyboard/mouse.

2 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Steam broadcast. Only woks if it is on the same network though

Broadcast my game to my laptop and hook the laptop up to the TV? But wont there be a delay like Twitch?

3 minutes ago, DrJones said:

Does It require a Smart TV?

1 minute ago, DrJones said:

Nope, use it with my pre-smart TV's Samsung :)

Ok, thanks! :)

Just now, theereal said:

Ok, thanks! :)

Anytime! Keep in mind that it will perform better with more internet bandwidth, so good internet is preferred. It has the ability to either utilize all bandwidth capacity or use an adaptive mode that will tone things down to save on bandwidth, pick the one best for you.

Also it works best when Steam on the PC is set to full display mode or whatever it's called. It creates a better UI that is easier to use on the TV and plays ball with the Link better.

Once set up properly, you can use it even on your desktop and other applications as long as steam is running and communicating to the device.

Have fun!

28 minutes ago, theereal said:

Broadcast my game to my laptop and hook the laptop up to the TV? But wont there be a delay like Twitch?

there will be some delay as well as some loss of picture quality, how much depends on the hardware and network you use (wired network strongly recommended)

it is not nearly as much delay as twitch has. i would not use steam streaming to play competitive esports ranked match stuff but everything else should be fine 

27 minutes ago, theereal said:

Does It require a Smart TV?

nope, it requires a 2nd computer that has steam on it and enough balls to decode h264 in real time. 

or a steam link instead. wich is kind of the "fire and forget" solution

I just leave my computer over by my TV (short wired connection) and use wireless keyboard & mouse.  Works well so far, and PC use is not limited to games.