Asus duel gtx 1070 8gb OC and X34A

Brett_Bst

So I will be getting a new moniter and at the moment I'm looking at the acer predator x34a 3440x1440p ultrawide and was wounding will the Graphics card be able to handle it at max/ultra settings on most of the new games and ones like GTA etc ? Will it hold over 60fps ? 

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

Yes

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Grand-Theft-Auto

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Rise-Of-The-Tomb

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-The-Witcher-3-Wi

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Tom-Clancys-Rain

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

12 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

So I will be getting a new moniter and at the moment I'm looking at the acer predator x34a 3440x1440p ultrawide and was wounding will the Graphics card be able to handle it at max/ultra settings on most of the new games and ones like GTA etc ? Will it hold over 60fps ?

Off topic: Not trying to be a grammar Nazi but I will be. On the positive side I did understood your request perfectly. On the negative side you English should be you mother language and you should write it correctly. Don't worry, you're not the only one that does that to "monitor" or as in your title "duel". and even worse lack of punctuation when the most needed. Anyway, it's just me I don't understand why this happens.

Happy that you got your answer that LUUD18 managed to find it in a very short search on google, I guess (so loosing points on google search skill).

Cheers.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

1 hour ago, r3loAded said:

Off topic: Not trying to be a grammar Nazi but I will be. On the positive side I did understood your request perfectly. On the negative side you English should be you mother language and you should write it correctly. Don't worry, you're not the only one that does that to "monitor" or as in your title "duel". and even worse lack of punctuation when the most needed. Anyway, it's just me I don't understand why this happens.

Happy that you got your answer that LUUD18 managed to find it in a very short search on google, I guess (so loosing points on google search skill).

Cheers.

Before you come here trying to correct people read your own ! 

You said : "On the positive side I did understood your request perfectly." When it should be : "On the positive side I did understand your request perfectly." So you can now shut up and go post some were else ! ! !

PS I will write or type and talk for that matter how ever I like, if you don't like it then move a long.

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

33 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

then move a long

I did moved along. I was just passing by...

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

What about the 1080 ti. how many frames will that get?

16 hours ago, Razcal said:

What about the 1080 ti. how many frames will that get?

i would guess in most games a 1080 ti would push 20-50 fps more than a 1080 depending on the game its playing.

I will be upgrading to a 1080 ti soon, how long for the next series of gpu's to come out ?

15 minutes ago, Brett_Bst said:

i would guess in most games a 1080 ti would push 20-50 fps more than a 1080 depending on the game its playing.

I will be upgrading to a 1080 ti soon, how long for the next series of gpu's to come out ?

Think i read an article last week that said, that volta won't be coming anytime soon. I have a 1070 right now, since Vega seems like a bust, thinking of getting a asus PG348Q gsync monitor and upgrading my 1070 to a 1080ti, wondering if ill be running max fps at ultra settings. 

On 20/08/2017 at 10:11 PM, Razcal said:

Think i read an article last week that said, that volta won't be coming anytime soon. I have a 1070 right now, since Vega seems like a bust, thinking of getting a asus PG348Q gsync monitor and upgrading my 1070 to a 1080ti, wondering if ill be running max fps at ultra settings. 

I am getting the acer x34a tomorrow and same as you I'm debating if I should upgrade from a OC 1070 to the strip 1080 ti, I'm just not 100% sure the 1070 could push 100+ fps in most games @ 3440x1440p ? But then I'm not sure I wanna drop another 800 for the card lol 

But then I don't mind dropping some of the settings down a little to help the fps I just don't want to have to go below high settings otherwise I don't see the point in running 1440p lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 6:37 PM, Brett_Bst said:

I am getting the acer x34a tomorrow and same as you I'm debating if I should upgrade from a OC 1070 to the strip 1080 ti, I'm just not 100% sure the 1070 could push 100+ fps in most games @ 3440x1440p ? But then I'm not sure I wanna drop another 800 for the card lol 

Yeah, looks like you and I are in the same boat, lol. Let me know how everything works out and if you'll be upgrading to a 1080ti xD. EVGA is having a 1080ti plus destiny 2 bundle i believe if that's your thing. But yeah, let me know how things work out for you.

(sorry for late reply) 

On 30/08/2017 at 3:04 AM, Razcal said:

Yeah, looks like you and I are in the same boat, lol. Let me know how everything works out and if you'll be upgrading to a 1080ti xD. EVGA is having a 1080ti plus destiny 2 bundle i believe if that's your thing. But yeah, let me know how things work out for you.

(sorry for late reply) 

So it's what been a few weeks now and running most games the 1070 handles them ok, I would say it varies from 45 fps up to 200 depending on the game, the most demanding games run 45-100 or more depending on settings, at the moment I'm ok with it, if I had the moniter in mind when i built it I would have got a 1080 ti 

On 9/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, Brett_Bst said:

So it's what been a few weeks now and running most games the 1070 handles them ok, I would say it varies from 45 fps up to 200 depending on the game, the most demanding games run 45-100 or more depending on settings, at the moment I'm ok with it, if I had the moniter in mind when i built it I would have got a 1080 ti 

Might make the upgrade then, and wait for that Anthem game before getting the 1080 ti xD lol What games/settings do you play out of curiosity?  

18 hours ago, Razcal said:

Might make the upgrade then, and wait for that Anthem game before getting the 1080 ti xD lol What games/settings do you play out of curiosity?  

gta 5, cs;go, batman, witcher 3, minecraft(son), plus loads on steam, I mostly run ultra settings depending on game then see how it runs, if its bad I will push some settings bk to high and most of the times its good

Protip if you are investing in a monitor that's 2-3x in price your current graphics card, at least get a proper graphics card to push those pixels... In this case a 1080ti [EVGA or ASUS] would suffice, pick your flavours. Obviously this analogy doesn't apply in all scenarios but in this case we are talking about high frame rates, and surely you want those high frame rates yes? Given the monitor has that capability.

Would be dumb to dial down settings just to get those frame rates, defeated the entire purpose of spending your money on a high end monitor for that reason alone...

Reason why i used the word investing is i'm pretty sure you don't change your monitors often, maybe once every 7-8+ years or better(?) unless there is some feature that is grasping ; HDR perhaps?

As for next gen graphics cards, do not expect to see them anytime sooner, maybe in the late Q1 or Q2 of 2018 at least. The 1080ti has no competition at the moment [blame AMD for being a sucker in that department] so Nvidia won't even bother pushing next gen consumer grade graphics sooner cos why bother.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

19 hours ago, xsimplyjosh said:

Protip if you are investing in a monitor that's 2-3x in price your current graphics card, at least get a proper graphics card to push those pixels... In this case a 1080ti [EVGA or ASUS] would suffice, pick your flavours. Obviously this analogy doesn't apply in all scenarios but in this case we are talking about high frame rates, and surely you want those high frame rates yes? Given the monitor has that capability.

Would be dumb to dial down settings just to get those frame rates, defeated the entire purpose of spending your money on a high end monitor for that reason alone...

Reason why i used the word investing is i'm pretty sure you don't change your monitors often, maybe once every 7-8+ years or better(?) unless there is some feature that is grasping ; HDR perhaps?

As for next gen graphics cards, do not expect to see them anytime sooner, maybe in the late Q1 or Q2 of 2018 at least. The 1080ti has no competition at the moment [blame AMD for being a sucker in that department] so Nvidia won't even bother pushing next gen consumer grade graphics sooner cos why bother.

just so you know I had the card before I had the moniter and to be straight my 1070 does fine in 98% of games at ultra, it will even run at ultra on all games if you don't mind 45+ fps and to me I will dial down 1-2 setttings to bump the fps to over 60+fps. I asked this question before I even got my moniter on this fourm and all said it will run fine which it does, yes a 1080 ti will run better at higher fps/hz but to me that will be changed in a month or 2, instead the money was used to update my gaming room then the ti will come after that