Dell XPS 15 9560 owners, does your 9560 pauses charging periodically?

I've asked this question but even till now I cannot get a definitive answer. 

My 9560 pauses charging periodically about every 5 seconds. This happens around 80%+
At around lower than that when plugging in the charger it would say "plugged in, not charging" but then immediately goes to charge. 
At 100% it just completely stops charging. 

This has never happened before which is worrying. I am currently on the most updated version of Windows and BIOS.

This is probably to help maximize battery efficiency, 80% charge is a good healthy place to have a lithium ion battery at, charging to 100, or being at 0 can lose efficiency

Also note as batteries age they get less efficient meaning they get hotter when they charge (especially at higher charge %) so pausing charging to let the battery cool can help too.

Have you tried looking in the BIOS?  I've not looked at a Dell laptop for a while but I'm sure my old Dell Latitude E5530 used to have some battery efficiency tools in the BIOS which stopped it from overcharging.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 10:48 AM, C3dr1c said:

This is probably to help maximize battery efficiency, 80% charge is a good healthy place to have a lithium ion battery at, charging to 100, or being at 0 can lose efficiency

I've asked other owners and they said this doesn't happen to theirs. I've changed the battery now and it doesnt do the intermittent charging but it still has the problem when I initially plug in the charger. 

On 8/17/2017 at 0:38 PM, dmuirhead said:

Have you tried looking in the BIOS?  I've not looked at a Dell laptop for a while but I'm sure my old Dell Latitude E5530 used to have some battery efficiency tools in the BIOS which stopped it from overcharging.

I have already, couldn't find anything. Bios says the health of the battery is excellent. 

I haven't noticed this

I did notice out of the box the laptop was set to charge only to 95% but this can be changed in the BIOS

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 11:57 AM, jasonwj322a said:

I've asked other owners and they said this doesn't happen to theirs. I've changed the battery now and it doesnt do the intermittent charging but it still has the problem when I initially plug in the charger. 

Do you have a spare charger you can test out, you may have a faulty one and that could be your issue