Is Membrane ok for gaming?

MitZZ

My Razer Blackwidow is 2 yrs old and the keys are broken, some keys are really hard to press it needs extra force to make the letter pop-up, im planning to buy a razer deathstalker essential but the keys are so flat so im asking if does that really bother on someones gaming performance.

all personal preference, I don't think it'll affect your ability at games at all unless you happen to be a professional gamer that requires that extra couple ms of response time.

Keyboards are all about preference. Find a store that will let you press some of the buttons and see if you like the feeling of it.

Most important thing is going to be getting used to a keyboard. Membrane is fine for gaming, but you may prefer mechanical (or you may not, completely personal preference). Neither is definitively better for gaming. 

It's just personal opinion. I can't stand membrane for typing even though I only switched to mechanical a month ago but for gaming it doesn't make a big difference. I actually find my keyboard a bit tiring for things like racing games etc when you need to have quick pulsing but I normally use a controller for that anyway. Otherwise it's not a huge difference. MOBAs are nice on mech(less accidental presses) and fps is kinda neutral for me. Either way is ok.

Ty for the answers, maybe ill go for the membrane

I hate the click of mechanical. I generally play at night, and the sound would driver my wife crazy and keep our son up. I have a membrane K40 and I love it. My laptop has a  membrane steel series on my laptop. Love it too.

Gaming I wouldn't hear the noise because of headphones, but everything else I do. Until mechanical are dead silent.... I'll use membrane.

Just get quality so it lasts longer than a year either way.

It's pretty much the equivalent of using dialup modem.

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

It all boils down to personal preference. If you like gaming on a membrane then go ahead, have fun, but if you're doing lots of typing a mechanical keyboard would really help with fatigue (iirc membranes are a bit harder to type on for longer periods of time). Plus the general feel of mechs is better, but again, personal preference.

I should just say go to a store that lets you try out different key switches and think about it.

fruit salads are great.