Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vinod Bahadur Thapa

Front End Developers... What I should Know

Recommended Posts

JSON is JavaScript Object Notation. It's a data structure format represented in a meaningful structured way of key-value pairs, where the value can be just about anything, like a list, integer, string, or another object.

It looks like this, so it's also very readable by humans:
Plain-JSON.png

 

For a lot of systems, this is how data is passed between them, especially for web services.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

JSON is JavaScript Object Notation. It's a data structure format represented in a meaningful structured way of key-value pairs, where the value can be just about anything, like a list, integer, string, or another object.

It looks like this, so it's also very readable by humans:
Plain-JSON.png

 

For a lot of systems, this is how data is passed between them, especially for web services.

web developer and front end developer is same or different or what

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

All front-end developers for web-based front-ends are web developers.

Not all web developers are front-end developers.

Z6b3gog.png666 Spooky

 

--------

 

Back on topic. @Vinod Bahadur Thapa front end developers focus mainly on HTML/CSS and possibly JavaScript. Knowing more is helpful but not required to be a skilled front end webdev.


import * as signature from "signature";

signature.display({"CPU""Intel i9 9900k @ 3.56HZ",  "GPU"ASUS GTX 1080",  "RAM""16GB CORSAIR DDR4", "MOBO""ASUS Z390-E"});

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vinod Bahadur Thapa said:

web developer and front end developer is same or different or what

Employers typically want you to know as much as possible. This means SQL, PHP, or whatever is driving the content as well, even if you don't personally use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Apextier said:

Z6b3gog.png666 Spooky

 

--------

 

Back on topic. @Vinod Bahadur Thapa front end developers focus mainly on HTML/CSS and possibly JavaScript. Knowing more is helpful but not required to be a skilled front end webdev.

if I master HTML, CSS and javascript, am I eligible for front end developers not

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Employers typically want you to know as much as possible. This means SQL, PHP, or whatever is driving the content as well, even if you don't personally use it.

sure :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinod Bahadur Thapa said:

if I master HTML, CSS and javascript, am I eligible for front end developers not

Should be enough to be a starting front-end guy.

Nowadays most designers also pick-up the skill to code CSS/JS

 

But if you want to go further which always is good, try to get the following things done

  • Get basic HTML CSS knowledge
  • Expand this by making a few "designs"
  • Learn a VCS (Git) and probably some nice rules like Git Flow
  • Get knowledge of SCSS/SaSS/Less
  • Keep DRY (Dont repeat yourself) in mind, Less/SaSS Mixins would be a start
  • Get familiar with a building system (Gulp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmdT2zhFmn4 )
  • Improve code DRY / Cleaning again since it is never enough.

Maybe check out some frameworks / libs.


Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×