144hz+immense color accuracy/brightness- can it be done for cheap?

Can anyone reccomend me some really solid EXTREMELY color accurate/bright monitors (similar to the display of Apple's retina screens) with a high refresh rate for under $500-$600?

is it possible? I do a lot of graphics work but i'm also a hardcore gamer so i'd love a sharp, preferably 1440p+ monitor that can do this.

17 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Ever considered two monitors instead? ~$200 144hz then other 400 for a IPS 1440p monitor

I had, but I somewhat prefer a single unit, as I don't have a ton of space where i'm set up. 

Generally the high refresh monitors don't particularly have good factory calibrations because that's not what the market wants/needs.

Do you need more than sRGB colorspace? If you do then gg I think.

You may want to invest in a color calibrator regardless of the monitor you get. You can get at least a functional colorimeter for cheap used, like $30 or so, maybe less, and run DisplayCAL (free, open source; check which devices are actually supported) to calibrate and profile the display. That has limitations but for the budget it might have to do.

3 minutes ago, loculus said:

Generally the high refresh monitors don't particularly have good factory calibrations because that's not what the market wants/needs.

Do you need more than sRGB colorspace? If you do then gg I think.

You may want to invest in a color calibrator regardless of the monitor you get. You can get at least a functional colorimeter for cheap used, like $30 or so, maybe less, and run DisplayCAL (free, open source; check which devices are actually supported) to calibrate and profile the display. That has limitations but for the budget it might have to do.

Assuming the display is capable of pushing those kinds colors in the first place

1 minute ago, Splashboy3 said:

Assuming the display is capable of pushing those kinds colors in the first place

Yes, I mean that if you just need sRGB a normal gaming 1440p high refresh monitor probably covers the whole space (more or less, and probably slightly over it in some areas), just not necessarily accurately. So some calibration could make it less bad and in the range of suitable, though perhaps not with the best gradients. But if you need Adobe RGB or something else then that's not going to work.

9 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

I had, but I somewhat prefer a single unit, as I don't have a ton of space where i'm set up. 

Maybe a dual monitor stand? Help save some desk space and also flexible for space

3 minutes ago, loculus said:

Yes, I mean that if you just need sRGB a normal gaming 1440p high refresh monitor probably covers the whole space (more or less, and probably slightly over it in some areas), just not necessarily accurately. So some calibration could make it less bad and in the range of suitable, though perhaps not with the best gradients. But if you need Adobe RGB or something else then that's not going to work.

I'm not looking to compromise much, i.e, something "suitable", but I do understand that'll take a bigger bite out of my wallet.

6 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

I'm not looking to compromise much, i.e, something "suitable", but I do understand that'll take a bigger bite out of my wallet.

What's suitable depends on your workflow, what you're doing, what your target is, etc. You do know what the difference between color spaces is and what the common standards are, right?

Or let me put it this way: by "graphics work" does this include photography and printed content, HDR movies? Or more like web content / computer programs / stuff to be displayed digitally on common devices?

The point is that you have to be able to see what you're producing, so needs depend on the content.

1 hour ago, loculus said:

idk why im mad that there isn't a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor on the market with near perfect color accuracy for under $600 lmao fml

one can dream