Disney has been sued for spying on Children through Games & Apps

AlTech
1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

International as in what about the impacts on people downloading it in other countries? Google Play Store isn't only American, and neither is Canada.

And I'm not saying gathering information on people is ok. I hate it. But our governments are so backwards in their thinking, it's very hard to get modern internet looked at and treated seriously. Awesome, let's look in American court. But what about American companies harvesting from Europe and vice versa? What if some British company was harvesting data from children? What if Disney apps took information from kids in France? American law is only a small piece of the huge puzzle that is the global internet of things.

Don't quote me on this, again I'm not a lawyer this is not legal advice, but as far as I know for multinational corporations (i.e. Companies like Google and Disney) the laws where they're operating apply (i.e. the country of the user). You'd be better off posting a question like that with an actual corporate lawyer, since I doubt anyone on a tech enthusiast forum is going to have a deep enough knowledge of the subject to say for certain.

That's the reason why Russia is able to charge Google for their search bar searching specifically from Google, even though it is a standard feature internationally.

As for what laws apply to users who intentionally obscuring their geolocation such as with a VPN, I have no idea.

And like with most things, if it's a Chinese company recording your data, good luck doing anything about it.

(Not that any of this pertains to this court case.)

If I have learned anything from Sillicon Valley is that you dont want to fuck with Coppa

6 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Don't quote me on this, again I'm not a lawyer this is not legal advice, but as far as I know for multinational corporations (i.e. Companies like Google and Disney) the laws where they're operating apply (i.e. the country of the user). You'd be better off posting a question like that with an actual corporate lawyer, since I doubt anyone on a tech enthusiast forum is going to have a deep enough knowledge of the subject to say for certain.

That's the reason why Russia is able to charge Google for their search bar searching specifically from Google, even though it is a standard feature internationally.

As for what laws apply to users who intentionally obscuring their geolocation such as with a VPN, I have no idea.

And like with most things, if it's a Chinese company recording your data, good luck doing anything about it.

(Not that any of this pertains to this court case.)

Well I'm not a lawyer either, so no probs. Great insight though. If Linus brings this up, I hope John is there to Ben Stein the shit out of this topic.

On 10/08/2017 at 9:18 PM, dalekphalm said:

Do you have any sources for that?

For example, Captain America Civil War had a production budget of about $250M USD. That would generally include actor fees plus the cost of CGI effects. That movie made $1.3B USD.

Most of Disney's major movies end up making bank way higher than the budget. Though the budget often does not include full publicity and marketing expenses - and by extension, the box office does not include merchandise sales nor DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Download/Streaming revenue.

Some of their lesser known movies (Especially any direct-to-dvd movies and made-for-tv movies) might not make a lot of money, but those movies also have insignificant budgets compared to their major film releases.

Fees doesnt cover royalties after release. The best actors usually manage to get good royalty deals.

And yes i could provide source; Bloomberg

Disney is essentially a drug company for kids.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

They also offer free candy to children:

van.jpg

Have you heard Disney's best kept secret? Because they will sue you if you have.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

16 minutes ago, Inkz said:

So that's the real reason Club Penguin was shut down...

It was shut down? Thank god!

-KuJoe

2 hours ago, KuJoe said:

It was shut down? Thank god!

Hey, when I was a kid I used to love that game!

Just now, Inkz said:

Hey, when I was a kid I used to love that game!

I don't have a problem with the game itself, I have a different problem caused by the game.

-KuJoe

On 8/14/2017 at 4:16 AM, KuJoe said:

I don't have a problem with the game itself, I have a different problem caused by the game.

I was just joking about it, I did like it, but I have no problem with people critiquing it.