Galaxy S4 boot problem...

SrN95

What a great way to start Thanksgiving, I was on my phone, just checked twitter, texting, whatever, when all the sudden the screen went black... At first I thought perhaps the screen had just went to sleep but then when i pressed the home button nothing happened. I then held the power button, nothing happened. So I removed the battery, let it sit, then put it back in and held the power button down, again with nothing happening.

I proceeded the plug the phone in and when I do that all that happens is a grey battery symbol appears, but usually it then begins to charge, however this is not the case, it just stays stuck on the grey battery, it does not display the Samsung logo or anything, trying to boot into safe mode does not work. I've tried multiple chargers, and it's still not working. 

It's not like I dropped the phone or anything, hell, the phone still had like 60% battery left when it just randomly shut off. Now it won't turn on no matter what I try, just wondering if anyone else had similar issues or any other solutions? To make matters even more frustrating, tomorrow is Black Friday, so Verizon is going to be packed all day long :( terrible timing...

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

I think i may know what the issue is the micro usb board may have broken had a little read and i have had similar problems with a S2 a friend had and that was the problem so thats the only thing that comes to mind. Best bet is to either RMA or contact your service provider see if you can get a replacement this is a known issue with the S4.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I think i may know what the issue is the micro usb board may have broken had a little read and i have had similar problems with a S2 a friend had and that was the problem so thats the only thing that comes to mind. Best bet is to either RMA or contact your service provider see if you can get a replacement this is a known issue with the S4.

This piece? gf.png

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

This piece? gf.png

Yep you could give it a go and try and replace it but even then not 100% certain that is the problem. I know there has been some issues with the S4 and that is one of them.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Going to go to Verizon as soon as I can and let them deal with it

Going to go to Verizon as soon as I can and let them deal with it

That would be your best bet sorry to hear you ran in the problem tho always sucks when something like this happens.

Im A Snake.....