S340 Elite Mod?

TGJamieErin

I was curious as to if the PSU and cable cover on the S340 Elite was removable, to paint it? I know the piece with the cable management snaps is removable, but I couldn't find anywhere while managing my cables today that showed me I could take the PSU cover off, any suggestions? I love the red that it has currently but I think I'd like to make it a bit more...Hello Kitty themed :) 

Your Local Crypto Trading, Competitive Gaming Slut <3

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

1 minute ago, TGJamieErin said:

I was curious as to if the PSU and cable cover on the S340 Elite was removable, to paint it? I know the piece with the cable management snaps is removable, but I couldn't find anywhere while managing my cables today that showed me I could take the PSU cover off, any suggestions? I love the red that it has currently but I think I'd like to make it a bit more...Hello Kitty themed :) 

The shroud is riveted in so you can take it out but you will need to drill out the old rivets and reinstall it after painting. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Just now, W-L said:

The shroud is riveted in so you can take it out but you will need to drill out the old rivets and reinstall it after painting. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Didn't see the modding section somehow, sorry! 

Sounds like a pain in the ass....sounds like something I'll do this Fall! Thank you for the tip <3 

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

Just now, TGJamieErin said:

Didn't see the modding section somehow, sorry! 

Sounds like a pain in the ass....sounds like something I'll do this Fall! Thank you for the tip <3 

If you want to have it removable in the future you can replace the rivets with short 6-32 threaded nuts and bolts which fit well with the size of standard rivets mainly used in cases. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to have it removable in the future you can replace the rivets with short 6-32 threaded nuts and bolts which fit well with the size of standard rivets mainly used in cases. 

That's a perfect solution! Thank you very much for that :) 

This will be my first PC mod and I really appricate the quick responce and putting up with my noob question ;) 

I also might be cutting out part of the front panel in a design, maybe Hello Kitty's head, and replacing it with something like a hard plastic or glass material, and replacing my rad fans with RGB ones :D  I'll totally check out your modding FAQ! 

That's a perfect solution! Thank you very much for that :) 

This will be my first PC mod and I really appricate the quick responce and putting up with my noob question ;) 

I also might be cutting out part of the front panel in a design, maybe Hello Kitty's head, and replacing it with something like a hard plastic or glass material, and replacing my rad fans with RGB ones :D  I'll totally check out your modding FAQ! 

If you do replace the front say with a clear window for RGB fans to see in you will have to make sure you cut around the plastic section since that frame is what holds it all in place. 

nzxt-s340-elite-front-disassembled_maxwidth.jpg

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you do replace the front say with a clear window for RGB fans to see in you will have to make sure you cut around the plastic section since that frame is what holds it all in place. 

nzxt-s340-elite-front-disassembled_maxwidth.jpg

Do you mean the plastic part with the snaps that mount it to the front of the case? Or the part in the middle that looks ready to be punched out already? I was going to do it in the middle of the two fans, not sure on sizing because that's obviously variable based on..how much room I can cut away! I also wouldn't be able to use my Puck anymore...which I can't lie, I've taken a real liking to! 

Do you mean the plastic part with the snaps that mount it to the front of the case? Or the part in the middle that looks ready to be punched out already? I was going to do it in the middle of the two fans, not sure on sizing because that's obviously variable based on..how much room I can cut away! I also wouldn't be able to use my Puck anymore...which I can't lie, I've taken a real liking to! 

The piece to the left that is the plastic frame and what holds the current piece of sheet metal in place, the piece on the right is just the fan filter which is magnetic I believe. You should be alright just removing the section for the fans, to be able to see in. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The piece to the left that is the plastic frame and what holds the current piece of sheet metal in place, the piece on the right is just the fan filter which is magnetic I believe. You should be alright just removing the section for the fans, to be able to see in. 

Oh okay! Was just some mild confusion on terminology, I got it, thank you very much!