Okay guys im really confused HELP????

Techky Guy
Go to solution Solved by HunterSkater429,

they work with any CPU 

any CPU and GPU work together 

im really confused about one thing and that is that will amd graphics card like rx 470 work with intel core i7 or does intel core i7 needs only gtx graphics card cuz i want to buy the rx 470 bot just thinking that will it work with my core i7

they work with any CPU 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

What? You have a RX 470 local? 

Anyways, it doesn't matter. As long as both have PCIE links (everything newer than 2010 does) and your PSU can power it, it will work.

Please use better grammar though, I beg you :D

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

they work with any CPU 

Well, not really

What if you have no AGP slots because the CPU won't support and your GPU is AGP

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Well, not really

What if you have no AGP slots because the CPU won't support and your GPU is AGP

first off, when talking to someone I go off what seems to be good for their level, he's only wanting to know if AMD and intel can be mixed. and he has an i7 so he doesn't have some processor the average consumer will never come across. and if he got a new one he'd probably go modern. ive never seen anyone run into the issue is he saying because its really not a modern issue.

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

this is *mostly* true within limits. I get what OP is saying but that blanket statement cannot be applied. For example, an RX 470 and pentium 3 CPU are not going to cooperate together if the Processor in question does not have PCI express links to begin with. But this is out of the scope of this post anyway.

exactly. 

1 minute ago, HunterSkater429 said:

first off, when talking to someone I go off what seems to be good for their level, he's only wanting to know if AMD and intel can be mixed. and he has an i7 so he doesn't have some processor the average consumer will never come across. and if he got a new one he'd probably go modern. ive never seen anyone run into the issue is he saying because its really not a modern issue.

Yes, but you can't apply this blanket statement:

10 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Yes, but you can't apply this blanket statement:

he has poor grammar. is probably a young kid i mean he cant even spell cause correctly, he is not going to look to buy an outdated CPU if anything he'll think he needs the best of the best. I have a thing called common sense, I talk to the OP not to the world.

im trying to make it easy and not complicated for him. any CPU or GPU he will be looking to buy WILL work together. you probably wont like that statement either, so how about this 

OP your Intel i7 CPU will work perfectly fine with the AMD RX470.

35 minutes ago, JDE said:

What? You have a RX 470 local? 

Anyways, it doesn't matter. As long as both have PCIE links (everything newer than 2010 does) and your PSU can power it, it will work.

Please use better grammar though, I beg you :D

Actually, when you said "You have a RX 470 local?" Correct punctuation is "You have an RX 470 local?". An is the correct word that should have been used in this sentence. ?