R5 1600/1600x Overwatch LOW benchmarks

Go to solution Solved by johndms,
2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Who TF would care about that? Unless you are pro, you are about the only one in the world that would purposely play on low 

I care about that.  It's why I made this video to show off how a Ryzen 5 1600 handles Overwatch 1080p on Low settings.  Because people DO play at those settings if they're serious about their gaming performance.

Hey guys,

Was wondering if any of you R5 guys had any overwatch benchmarks running on low/off settings at 1080p? Trying to build the cheapest 200fps+ overwatch pc I can for my little brother. My person rig has a 6600K and I know that I get dips and stuttering below 200fps fairly often in team fights. 

Mods, feel free to remove if this is the wrong place, just looking for some insight. 

Thanks! 

First off why 200fps?? And who want's to play at low? If you don't have a 144hz+ monitor you can't take advantage of those frames.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

First off why 200fps?? And who want's to play at low? If you don't have a 144hz+ monitor you can't take advantage of those frames.

Smoohter framerate im assuming

@Max_Settings Because I have monitors that support high frame rates, and having high fps does wonders for aim. Low gives you a significant competitive edge in most games.

Just now, NotKorean said:

@Max_Settings Because I have monitors that support high frame rates, and having high fps does wonders for aim. Low gives you a significant competitive edge in most games.

Who TF would care about that? Unless you are pro, you are about the only one in the world that would purposely play on low 

Alot of people do, no one wants there fps dipping or fluctuating randomly during a fight. 

I care because I play in masters/gm? Lots of people play overwatch on low. Do you have benchmarks, or just feel like questioning? 

2 minutes ago, NotKorean said:

if you OC it, get a 1080ti, if you want to play at epic settings at 200fps, gtx 1080 should do a good job if you turn down the settings. 

I stick around 200 fps on my 1600X and 1070 on Ultra settings if that tells you anything.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Just now, NotKorean said:

I care because I play in masters/gm? Lots of people play overwatch on low. Do you have benchmarks, or just feel like questioning? 

I seriously looked and I can't find any because no one plays on low besides you.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

because consistent FPS is important, minimum FPS is important as average FPS IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I care about that.  It's why I made this video to show off how a Ryzen 5 1600 handles Overwatch 1080p on Low settings.  Because people DO play at those settings if they're serious about their gaming performance.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Just now, Emberstone said:

I stick around 200 fps on my 1600X and 1070 on Ultra settings if that tells you anything.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you OC it, get a 1080ti, if you want to play at epic settings at 200fps, gtx 1080 should do a good job if you turn down the settings. 

That's what I was going to say, and that's what I do. If you are going to play at 200fps, play on epic settings

Just now, johndms said:

you're the best, thanks man

I seriously looked and I can't find any because no one plays on low besides you.

Many of the pro players play at low settings for the sole purpose of the increased response time.  Regardless of what you may think, having 200+ FPS *does* make a difference and will improve your gameplay.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Just now, johndms said:

Many of the pro players play at low settings for the sole purpose of the increased response time.  Regardless of what you may think, having 200+ FPS *does* make a difference and will improve your gameplay.

I'm pretty sure most pro players have rigs that can play 200fps+ on high or ultra settings

I'm pretty sure most pro players have rigs that can play 200fps+ on high or ultra settings

They do but they play on low settings cause of the better low fps and less inputlag

Even if you aren't seeing each individual frame, having a higher frame rate 100% does effect how fluid the aim feels in a lot of games. Overwatch is one of those games. Having all the settings and effects turned up doesn't give you any competitive edge aside from having shadows at medium (can see people coming around corners then). All the higher settings do is introduce more visual clutter

Can.. doesn't mean they actually do.

Just now, johndms said:

Why would you not?

Just now, johndms said:

I can't think of a single pro that I watch that does. Some even run 75% render scale at 1080p.

Man you all are acting like you are about to go play for the world championship. I'm out of this thread you all are insane

Why would you not?

Maybe read the other comments and you can figure that out 

Little known fact.. in Overwatch, High and Ultra settings add a lot of ground clutter and foliage which distract from the player's view.  Just another reason most pro players play at Low settings.