USB not working with am4

Hi guys, i need some help. I got my new computer parts :asus prime x370-a with ryzen 7 1700x, 32gb ram (2x16gb ddr 2666) and a corsair H60 hydro cooler.

So i run windows 7 pro 64bit, but when i remove my old hardware to put in the new one,  after the bios configuration which allow me to use my Keyboard and mouse, once windows launch, they don't want to work. either from the front usb2.0 port ou the back 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1. None of them work so i cant even repair windows or download driver and install the to make them work or... well, anything really.

I would need some help. what to do to make it all work? 

PS.: I dont have working windows usb bootable key and my dvd for windows 7 is ... well.... broken by my cat claw :dry:

Thank for the help everyone!

Download the chipset drivers from asus' site, put them on a sata drive (using another pc) and use a ps/2 mouse to install them on the machine.

Or preferrably use asus' ez installer to make a bootable usb with the drivers preloaded (under the utilities tab), you will need a win7 iso for this though. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows

Thank you @PesukarhuSo i tried to install the chipset but it didn't work. after a confirm install, i put back my new system in place, still only work inn bios but not under windows. I roll back to my old system and it makes my windows stop booting. -_- i made a rescue and now it work under the old one. for the new one still i dont understand what is wrong. I tried to contact asus but i have no answer yet.

Problem is that ryzen has a USB 3 controller but no separate USB 2 controller. Win 7 only supports USB 2 natively so it needs drivers to work. Now that you have a working system make a USB stick (or burn a dvd) that has the USB 3 drivers on it. Use this utility by asus to make it http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/ASUS_EZInstaller_V10313_20170426.zip

thanks. i will try to do so. darn complicated. All i wanted was an other highly fonctionnal 7-8 years workhorse computer... no hassle. 

16 hours ago, joelg1 said:

thanks. i will try to do so. darn complicated. All i wanted was an other highly fonctionnal 7-8 years workhorse computer... no hassle. 

It is a hassle to get it up and running (on modern hardware), took me a day because drivers, especially the nvme ssd in my rig (thanks to intel not supplying a driver for it... i couldn't download the hotfix from microsoft either :()

But in my experience win7 is a set-and-forget deal, where as win10 is a constant battle. If they made it so it doesn't break every time the power goes out i would use it, but its too unreliable.

Pesukarhu, did you had to reinstall windows completly for it to work? I put it on the side for the last few day but still.. not working. 

I've install latest Relive edition, latest AMD usb driver 3.0 driver, latest AMD chipset driver (1.3gb) ... nothing working... i'm freaking lost and kinda bum to shit right now

7 hours ago, joelg1 said:

Pesukarhu, did you had to reinstall windows completly for it to work? I put it on the side for the last few day but still.. not working. 

I've install latest Relive edition, latest AMD usb driver 3.0 driver, latest AMD chipset driver (1.3gb) ... nothing working... i'm freaking lost and kinda bum to shit right now

What i did first was just use the old ssd that was used with an amd fx-6300. That booted straight away and i had downloaded the drivers (chipset, lan, audio, gpu) before upgrading so i could just install them using a ps/2 mouse. (had them on the desktop ready to go)
I used it for a couple of months, apart from painfully slow shutdown times there were no problems. So no, reinstalling is not always necessary.

When i did the fresh install i used dism (a windows utility) to integrate all the necessary drivers; here is a guide on how to do it

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/125921-how-to-add-drivers-manually-to-a-usb-drive-to-install-windows-7-using-a-usb-3-0-port
Make sure that the usb drivers installed successfully before unmounting (if they didn't install, run the add-drivers again). There will be errors, you can ignore those as long as the usb drivers got installed.  Do not force install unsigned drivers. The usb drivers are included in the chipset package.

Tip: Make the folder in the root of your drive so the path will be C:\Drivers. It is faster to type.

I had some issues with the driver files getting blocked by windows, i solved that with streams (another utility by microsoft) but you can apparently do that by unblocking the driver .zip file before unpacking it. (the guide i used was on a blog, which is no longer available)

So you will need:

a 16gb or bigger usb flashdrive (drivers wont necessarily fit on a 8gb one)

a windows computer with rufus (or similar usb "burning" software)

the chipset drivers

a windows 7 iso

some time