Asus Ai Suite 3 doing weird stuff with windows power plans

When i set powerplan in windows to be balanced(because i dont want cpu running 100% all time) next time is high performance, i found out that in the ai suite is set to perfomance, but there is no way to disable it or i didnt found one,i like ai suite because of fan xpert software which can't be used solely without ai suite....in ai suite there is no setting like balanced only perfomance, power saver, and away so - whenever i set balanced in windows, it sets back to high performance when i come to check it, is there away to prevent ai suite from doing this and still be able to use ai suite normally?

CPU: R9 5950x CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + 3 x Noctua NF-A12x25 GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900XT Aorus Master Motherboard: ASUS Chrosshair 8 Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3600Mhz Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 3 x WD Ultrastar 20TB PSU: Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium Fans: 4 x Noctua NF-A14 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

2 minutes ago, sonyzz said:

When i set powerplan in windows to be balanced(because i dont want cpu running 100% all time)

With high performance mode, the CPU isn't going to be running at 100% all the time. It will simply be allowed to use all it's resources and can give better performance overall. It won't be running at full load unless you have something running it at full load. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

With high performance mode, the CPU isn't going to be running at 100% all the time. It will simply be allowed to use all it's resources and can give better performance overall. It won't be running at full load unless you have something running it at full load. 

Well thats new to me, because i remember in the past with windows xp or windows 7/8 if u set high perfomance, cpu-z was showing full cpu speed all the time no matter when u  open it

PS: cpu is not running 100% load all time but cpu speed is on 100% all time which makes more heat when with balanced if u watch movie cpu can be as little as 800mhz from 4.2ghz

CPU: R9 5950x CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + 3 x Noctua NF-A12x25 GPU: Gigabyte RX 6900XT Aorus Master Motherboard: ASUS Chrosshair 8 Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3600Mhz Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 3 x WD Ultrastar 20TB PSU: Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium Fans: 4 x Noctua NF-A14 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

2 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Uninstall ai suite. The only usefull thong in there is om the fly fan speed adjustment, but when you have your curves dialed in, ser Them in the bios instead and unibstall ai suite

how to set them in bios to be the same as on fan xpert? also first thing fan xpert does is fan tuning it calculates how low or how high fan can spin... like noctua NH-D15 fans can spin as low as 198rpm

18 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Uninstall ai suite. The only usefull thing in there is om the fly fan speed adjustment, but when you have your curves dialed in, ser Them in the bios instead and unibstall ai suite

it actually does way more than that, it sends alerts to your phone when overheating. it also allows cpu/gpu overclocking through it really really easily without having to go into the bios (for cpu oc that is). it also has mobo connect, which allows you to use your keyboard and mouse to be used with your phone(or any other smart device), or have media controls of your pc. both which i find really usefull

28 minutes ago, tlink said:

it actually does way more than that, it sends alerts to your phone when overheating. it also allows cpu/gpu overclocking through it really really easily without having to go into the bios (for cpu oc that is). it also has mobo connect, which allows you to use your keyboard and mouse to be used with your phone(or any other smart device), or have media controls of your pc. both which i find really usefull

Pure fluff imo. OC should always be done in bios

1 hour ago, sonyzz said:

how to set them in bios to be the same as on fan xpert? also first thing fan xpert does is fan tuning it calculates how low or how high fan can spin... like noctua NH-D15 fans can spin as low as 198rpm

Pwm works just fine without it

well i copied settings from balanced to high performance like minimum cpu state - 5% and maximum cpu state 100% now cpu clocks down when not doing anything even on high perfomance power plan

• 2 years later...

anyone figure this out. i have a z390i and i want "ultimate performance" mode to be on all the time. but everytime i restart my pc, it goes back to balanced.  this is ANNOYING. i mainly do NOT want the computer to EVER go to sleep. but it does, unless i leave the power options control panel window open with Ultimate performance selected. 

10 hours ago, carlosriosness said:

anyone figure this out. i have a z390i and i want "ultimate performance" mode to be on all the time. but everytime i restart my pc, it goes back to balanced.  this is ANNOYING. i mainly do NOT want the computer to EVER go to sleep. but it does, unless i leave the power options control panel window open with Ultimate performance selected. 

Please don't revive old posts. Rather post your own and link to older if needed. This one is 3 years old.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv