GPU capability thread?

IKnight

So after looking around, I haven't really found one comprehensive thread that outlines what different GPUs are capable off. 

I'm hoping that, through the combined knowledge of all the users in this forum, we can create a database showing what to expect from different GPUs. 

1. Firstly, we should outline what we need in order to not bottleneck the card (think CPU, PSU...). 

2. Secondly, we should say what the card is capable of. I'm thinking of having something's along the line of tiers. For example, tier one cards would be something like the 1080TI, a card capable of smooth 60hz gaming, at 4k/2k and maxed out specs. Tier two would be akin to a 1070... you get the idea. 

So, if say, someone wanted to buy a RX 580, they could check this thread and see that it's suitable for 1080p 60fps gaming, with X cpu and Y psu.... Hence, they could easily see if the card isn't right for them. 

Since I'm nowhere near a GPU guru, I ask for those who are, to share their knowledge. I will then add it to this post, so that we have a nice index. :D I hope y'all like this little idea. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Youtube has plenty of graphs, so do articles with release information... I think that is what oyu are looking for? If you want a good gcard and have money buy a 1080 and a runner up (for me) would be a 980Ti. Idk if thats what you are looking for.

There are databases out there like techpowerup. Just check a review. A "tier" system is really bad, since GPUs always get faster, therefor current GPUs will always have to move tiers. And not to forget that games also get more demanding.

18 minutes ago, FTL said:

There are databases out there like techpowerup. Just check a review. A "tier" system is really bad, since GPUs always get faster, therefor current GPUs will always have to move tiers. And not to forget that games also get more demanding.

Damn thats pretty much what I was thinking of with this thread. My bad...

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.