Corsair HD140 RGB Issue

NovaeRogX

Hi,

Just received the twin pack for HD140 RGB fans with the HD controller but it seems only 1 fan will light at a time when plugged into no 1. Both fans light but not together. Would this be a controller issue or is there a setting I'm missing?#

Thanks

9 minutes ago, NovaeRogX said:

Hi,

Just received the twin pack for HD140 RGB fans with the HD controller but it seems only 1 fan will light at a time when plugged into no 1. Both fans light but not together. Would this be a controller issue or is there a setting I'm missing?#

Thanks

If you have several fans, they must be plugged into 1-2-3-4-5-6 slots in the order you want them to light up. You can't skip a slot or it won't work. Then you can change the mode of lightning using the appropriate button. 

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

If you have several fans, they must be plugged into 1-2-3-4-5-6 slots in the order you want them to light up. You can't skip a slot or it won't work. Then you can change the mode of lightning using the appropriate button. 

I only have the 2, 1 lights up but 2 doesn't

1 minute ago, NovaeRogX said:

I only have the 2, 1 lights up but 2 doesn't

If you change the position of the two, do they do the same thing ? (The "new" 1 lights up, the "new" 2 doesn't).

If you change the position of the two, do they do the same thing ? (The "new" 1 lights up, the "new" 2 doesn't).

Yeah. Just tried something there; if I put a connector into 2 first then into 1, it lights up. Tried doing it with the fans swapped, 1 light up normally, 2 looked distorted. I have a feeling the number 2 RGB connector on the controller is somewhat faulty

Just now, NovaeRogX said:

Yeah. Just tried something there; if I put a connector into 2 first then into 1, it lights up. Tried doing it with the fans swapped, 1 light up normally, 2 looked distorted. I have a feeling the number 2 RGB connector on the controller is somewhat faulty

It seems so. If you just plug the first fin into 1, and the second unplugged and it lights up, then switch the fans and the other lights up as wel.. yeah, it's the controller.

It seems so. If you just plug the first fin into 1, and the second unplugged and it lights up, then switch the fans and the other lights up as wel.. yeah, it's the controller.

Going to contact Corsair about a replacement controller. Maybe they'll take pity and give me a free Commander controller haha. Thanks for helping anyway

Sounds like bad fan hub, sorry about that. 

Yes, contact our support and I am sure they'll get you sorted out in no time. If you run into any issues with replacement/exchange, let me know.