Help needed please.

Emkryan

So long story short, I messed up and ran a program that made vmware my network adapter. (I have no clue how) I UN installed vmware but now I can't connect to my router that's plugged into my pc. Wi-Fi works fine. It's just my pc. I've tried sfc /scannow. Doing something in the registry. And switching to my secondary bios. So far 0 progress. Any suggestions?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Reinstall windows?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Reinstall windows?

Lol ^^^

So long story short, I messed up and ran a program that made vmware my network adapter. (I have no clue how) I UN installed vmware but now I can't connect to my router that's plugged into my pc. Wi-Fi works fine. It's just my pc. I've tried sfc /scannow. Doing something in the registry. And switching to my secondary bios. So far 0 progress. Any suggestions?

Have you looked at your network adaptors? Check that you have removed/disabled the VMWare-applicable 'adaptors' that were installed and try the ethernet again.

Is there any particular reason why the wifi isn't sufficient for you?

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Lol ^^^

Have you looked at your network adaptors? Check that you have removed/disabled the VMWare-applicable 'adaptors' that were installed and try the ethernet again.

Is there any particular reason why the wifi isn't sufficient for you?

A windows reinstall always does the trick!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

A windows reinstall always does the trick!

But in the interest of saving OP he time and stress of backing up and reinstalling everything again, I'd say that's the ultimate last option.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Have you looked at your network adaptors? Check that you have removed/disabled the VMWare-applicable 'adapters' that were installed and try the ethernet again.

This. So much this.