Problems With Deepcool, I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.

**I came to show you my recent problem with this water cooling, from the famous brand DEEPCOOL,** (http://imgur.com/a/1imMD) The model is the captain 360EX, About 7 months, I acquired this new water cooling, for its attractive design, and especially for its price. Since to be of 360MM has a good price. But did not know anything about its quality, since there are few reviews of this new version. the **(EX).** Over time, I always give proper maintenance to my computer, and in these last weeks when I went to change the thermal paste I noticed something, The copper plate is sulphating, At first I thought it was the thermal paste, but then note that the thermal paste does not reach those ends, as you can see in the photo, the sulfate comes from inside. I contacted them through facebook (http://imgur.com/a/mtyYz) But, they tell me that their engineers could not confirm the cause of this phenomenon, they recommended me to continue using it, when it has problems of overheating for example, Talk back to them, that's what they tell me.

But deny me, and I told them that this is not a normal problem, and that in such a short time that I have with the product I was going to pass this, Then I decided to send him an email,(http://imgur.com/a/nXr7b) and they are so brazen that they respond that it is the thermal paste **(I use the ARTIC MX-4),** I was suggested, to use the thermal paste **Z9,** which is its brand, But explain to him that it is not any thermal paste, that the **SULFATO COMES FROM INSIDE.**

For personal problems I no longer live in the United States, giving back that would be as costly as buying a new one. I'm a Pc Gamer, and things like these annoy me.

**In WATER COOLING, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE DEEPCOOL BRAND ABSOLUTELY TO ANYONE.**

19692179_1551495518246360_834234087_n.jpg

i would never buy a deepcool product in the first place mate, for an aio i would personally recommend nzxt.

That's oxidized copper, and it happens when it's exposed to oxygen. Did you take it out of a vacuum? If you did, this is normal.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

2 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i would never buy a deepcool product in the first place mate, for an aio i would personally recommend nzxt.

It will be the last time I bought anything from this brand.

Just now, thegreengamers said:

That's oxidized copper, and it happens when it's exposed to oxygen. Did you take it out of a vacuum? If you did, this is normal.

Apparently the liquid is leaking..

You realize this is an issue that can happen with any vendor right? It's corrosion. Simple as that. 

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Copper doesn't need to have water on it to oxidize, but it can speed up the process. My guess as to what happened is that either the screws on the copper plate aren't tightened down enough, or an o-ring has failed.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

12 minutes ago, robert casilla said:

this is not a normal problem

this is quite a normal problem if you don't install the cooler correctly.It has no impact on performance whatsoever.It is quite common.It can happen if you touch the copper plate and it is almost impossible to avoid naturally.

Look at EKWB:https://www.ekwb.com/blog/does-copper-oxidation-have-any-impact-on-cooling-performance/

My life

8 minutes ago, robert casilla said:

Apparently the liquid is leaking..

Then tell them that

My life

Heh.... that's why I'll never buy AIO ever again. No matter the brand. Especially when it leaked out on my i7 6700K. (Destroys it and the Asus Maximus VIII Formula) 

AIO tend to use cheaper parts to keep the production cost low and profit high. 

Either go with high end HSF or make a custom loop cooler.

3 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Heh.... that's why I'll never buy AIO ever again. No matter the brand. Especially when it leaked out on my i7 6700K. (Destroys it and the Asus Maximus VIII Formula) 

AIO tend to use cheaper parts to keep the production cost low and profit high. 

Either go with high end HSF or make a custom loop cooler.

Wow, how bad :(

Just now, robert casilla said:

Wow, how bad :(

In frickin deed. Can't get any money for whole week untill i bought a laptop. I basically work with that PC :/

4 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

In frickin deed. Can't get any money for whole week untill i bought a laptop. I basically work with that PC :/

Was the same brand? Deepcool?

2 minutes ago, robert casilla said:

Was the same brand? Deepcool?

No, It was Corsair H115i. It is 280mm cooler, Corsair AIO flagship (even untill this day)

But i remember my friend use this cooler too. (I think it was White) Still works.... i guess its a matter of luck :)

37 minutes ago, robert casilla said:

**In WATER COOLING, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE DEEPCOOL BRAND ABSOLUTELY TO ANYONE.**

19692179_1551495518246360_834234087_n.jpg

Oh nu D: I literally just installed a DeepCool 120EX last Christmas and I'm now terrified that will happen D:

Although, I seriously do not believe that even after seven months with regular maintenance corrosion should occur, so attempting to contact DeepCool would be advised as that is slightly unacceptable by them.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Oh nu D: I literally just installed a DeepCool 120EX last Christmas and I'm now terrified that will happen D:

Although, I seriously do not believe that even after seven months with regular maintenance corrosion should occur, so attempting to contact DeepCool would be advised as that is slightly unacceptable by them.

I've tried to get back in touch with them, let's see what happens.

1 minute ago, robert casilla said:

I've tried to get back in touch with them, let's see what happens.

I really hope everything goes positive with everything, and that your issue is quickly resolved :3

As concerning the price and how the EX line-up is meant ot be a revamped of the none EX line-up it is quite poor this happened.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

39 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

No, It was Corsair H115i. It is 280mm cooler, Corsair AIO flagship (even untill this day)

But i remember my friend use this cooler too. (I think it was White) Still works.... i guess its a matter of luck :)

are corsair giving you replacements as it was their product that damaged your pc? i dont like corsairs aio coolers, they look bland and have shi*t fans.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

are corsair giving you replacements as it was their product that damaged your pc? i dont like corsairs aio coolers, they look bland and have shi*t fans.

I don't like Corsair either

Just now, MrJarhead said:

Luckily yeah. But i refuse the AIO and ask for refund instead, which luckily they agree to provide.

It was a decent cooler, but the whole process is just annoying and such a big turn off 

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Luckily yeah. But i refuse the AIO and ask for refund instead, which luckily they agree to provide.

It was a decent cooler, but the whole process is just annoying and such a big turn off 

i mean there is always a possibility an aio will leak, if you dont want to get another aio, i would recommend you get either a noctua nh-d15 or a cryorig r1 ultimate, not that far off 280mm aios in terms of cooling and cost way less.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

i mean there is always a possibility an aio will leak, if you dont want to get another aio, i would recommend you get either a noctua nh-d15 or a cryorig r1 ultimate, not that far off 280mm aios in terms of cooling and cost way less.

I go with R1 Universal..... now about to change it with new Cryorig cooler, the H7 Quad Lumi 

4 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

I think this time I'll opt for nzxt