Is there an easy way to insert the silicone tube into the hardline tubing without soap and water?

If I attach a safety pin on 1 end of the silicone insert and insert it into the petg tubing, can I use a strong magnet like a neodymium magnet to pull the silicone insert through? Is that possible?

well since this is the forum of LinusSexTips, try water based lube lol

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

24 minutes ago, unregistered said:

If I attach a safety pin on 1 end of the silicone insert and insert it into the petg tubing, can I use a strong magnet like a neodymium magnet to pull the silicone insert through? Is that possible?

It will most likely stick, soapy water is usually the best option, why don't you want to use it? The soap can just be flushed after the bending without any residue being left in place. 

1 hour ago, Its Not Important said:

OOT, but how do you become Mod? 

show that you are power hungry and willing to show off how cool you are by banning people who annoy you.

put the silicon in the tube a bit and suck on the other end.

LinusSexTips.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

show that you are power hungry and willing to show off how cool you are by banning people who annoy you.

put the silicon in the tube a bit and suck on the other end.

LinusSexTips.

Sounds like Stalin to me :D

20 hours ago, Cyracus said:

well since this is the forum of LinusSexTips, try water based lube lol

You mean like use a lubricant like ky jelly?

20 hours ago, W-L said:

It will most likely stick, soapy water is usually the best option, why don't you want to use it? The soap can just be flushed after the bending without any residue being left in place. 

Because if I have alot of bends to make I don't want to dry my skin plus it is still very difficult to insert the silicone after some length is already in the tube

20 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

The friction between tube and silicone will probably prevent that from happening....

Even if I use a very strong magnet? 

Old_Joe's_Junkyard.png

59 minutes ago, unregistered said:

Because if I have alot of bends to make I don't want to dry my skin plus it is still very difficult to insert the silicone after some length is already in the tube

You could just put gloves on and do it, just mind you don't melt the glove onto your hand.

Or just buy some moisturiser and put that on your hands afterwards... I never though't I'd be seriously recommending moisturiser to someone building a computer...

There's very little chance a magnet will be able to overcome the friction of the tight tolerances between the silicon rod and the tube.

1 hour ago, Aloe Vera said:

Or just buy some moisturiser and put that on your hands afterwards... I never though't I'd be seriously recommending moisturiser to someone building a computer...

Well, your nick is aloe vera after all