is this a good deal? 1st computer build

there is an ad on craigslist in my area for an Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard, and I7-3770k, and an H60 cpu cooler for $300 USD. i also found an AMD FX-8370 with an MSI 970 and 2x8 gb of GSkill RIpjaws DDR3 2133mhz for 190$ USD. are either of these good deals? 

I guess that's pretty good the CPU may be a bit old but depending how many cores it has yea I would go for it and go especially for the MSI 970 those are some decent video cars not a good as a GTX 1080 but still good for gaming and same with the tam go for it it's still good enough I'm still using DDR3 so I mean if you really want it then sure go for it but then at the same time you can build a buget pc for 600.       ( assuming that the video cards and ram are 300 bucks )

13 hours ago, ColeB01 said:

there is an ad on craigslist in my area for an Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard, and I7-3770k, and an H60 cpu cooler for $300 USD. i also found an AMD FX-8370 with an MSI 970 and 2x8 gb of GSkill RIpjaws DDR3 2133mhz for 190$ USD. are either of these good deals? 

I would haggle on the i7 build a little if you can, especially if it doesn't have a GPU. As for the AMD rig, it isn't that bad considering you get 16gb of high speed ddr3 and a decent gpu but if the 8370 doesn't have a good cooler with it, that will cost you another $30. Neither platform will allow you to upgrade the CPU without also replacing the RAM and board but ultimately the i7 has the better life and lower chance of bottlenecking stronger GPUs. I would go for the i7 if you can haggle it down, even to $275 but try to shoot lower and work your way up and maybe they will be ok. They are either trying to upgrade which makes it unlikely they will go to low or already have upgraded in which case you have a chance at getting it for cheap. As always make sure you can see the rigs working, not just powered on. Ask if they will stress test them with Aida64 for 5-10 minutes so you know they are unlikely to cut off under load.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe