Airflow for AIO

BritishMarshmallow

Hey everyone !

It's been a while since I've been on here ^^ Hope someone can help

I have a Fractal Design Define R5 case with 2 intake fans on the front, 1 exhaust fan on the back, my PSU is positioned fan towards the floor and I have a Sapphire R9 390 that has 3 fans on it.

I just bought a Celsius 36 AIO cooler from Fractal Design to cool down my 8350, it has 3 fans on it and I plan on putting it on the top of my case (I took 3 because I thought it'd look dumb if there was a spot free). 

Now I've started thinking about airflow...(Probably a bad time to think about it). How would you recommend setting it up to keep positive airflow ? The case has fan filters on it so I don't want them to be useless...

If anyone can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it

Very Slow, high pressure fans on the top rad(Don't need a lot of airflow through the rad to keep it cool.) Then faster airflow fans at the front. If your pc isn't against a particularly dusty or nasty wall then you can put that intake at the back too. I'd recommend you make sure you clean behind your pc often though if you decide to do that. Just one more note: If you can, put the fans on the rad in a pull configuration. It'll make cleaning hella easy.

If your PC is on top of your desk and not in a corner, use both front and top as intake with everything else as exhaust. Using the rad as exhaust will result in 7-10C higher temps.

take 1 of your intake in front and place it under your gpu. that's what i do, only 1 intake and its as good as 2 intake at the front.

On 25.6.2017 at 7:50 PM, Bcat00 said:

take 1 of your intake in front and place it under your gpu. that's what i do, only 1 intake and its as good as 2 intake at the front.

That wouldn't make any difference in pressure though. Maybe adding bottom intake instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv