Rocket League on Mac Problems (Please Help) );

CHKR
Go to solution Solved by SnowyMus,

Holding down a key and getting a list of alternate letters has been a sort of feature for a while with Apple's macOS. In most games it shouldn't actually do anything, so I'd try restarting Rocket League or closing apps outside of Rocket League that may be taking input. If it keeps doing this, as a last resort typing this command into Terminal will disable that menu:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

Note that you may need to log out and log back in again.

When playing the game, I have to turn, right? as in am I correct

but when I hold down "a" a things appears in the top left corner with different variety of a like àáâä et cetera

please help

I really wanna play

I'm getting a pc soon

Check my Steam profile for games that I play. http://steamcommunity.com/id/childish_k1ll3r/

Planned Build PcPartPicker

I don't own a mac, but as far as I can tell, it's something that lets you type the special characters when you hold down a button on the keyboard. there should be a way to turn this off in settings.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I was a Mac gamer in the earlier days but got a windows pc now. This thing that you get 'àáâä' is because if you you are typing something somewhere and you hold a letter button, it will let you choose between these forms of letters. This is a problem from the game I think. Maybe try restarting your game or mac. I can't help you further but now you now what it is. 

Holding down a key and getting a list of alternate letters has been a sort of feature for a while with Apple's macOS. In most games it shouldn't actually do anything, so I'd try restarting Rocket League or closing apps outside of Rocket League that may be taking input. If it keeps doing this, as a last resort typing this command into Terminal will disable that menu:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

Note that you may need to log out and log back in again.