PSU for 2-3 RX 580 and a Pentium G3240T (Mining rig)

Owlman

What kind of PSU would I need for a mining pc with up to 3 RX 580 and a Pentium G3240T. Will probably be on 24/7. Starting out with 1 RX 580 but will most likely upgrade in the future

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

700-800W should be fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 hours ago, Owlman said:

What kind of PSU would I need for a mining pc with up to 3 RX 580 and a Pentium G3240T. Will probably be on 24/7. Starting out with 1 RX 580 but will most likely upgrade in the future

For two RX580s and constant use I'd get something efficient and of about 700W. The EVGA 750B2 isn't crazy efficient but would work for you.

On the other hand, since I'm among the several that are incredibly pissed off about Cryptocurrency mining and the complete inability to buy a GPU for what they're intended for (video games), can you just live with one GPU?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

28 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

For two RX580s and constant use I'd get something efficient and of about 700W. The EVGA 750B2 isn't crazy efficient but would work for you.

On the other hand, since I'm among the several that are incredibly pissed off about Cryptocurrency mining and the complete inability to buy a GPU for what they're intended for (video game), can you just live with one GPU?

will be buying one to begin with. and that's if I even build my mining rig. I still haven't decided

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

If you don't have a RX580 already then be prepared to spend at least 500-700 for one. But if you plan on running more than 2 GPUs I'd get something name brand, and modular with at least 1000w. 

3 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

If you don't have a RX580 already then be prepared to spend at least 500-700 for one. But if you plan on running more than 2 GPUs I'd get something name brand, and modular with at least 1000w. 

3000 NOK or 350 USD once they're in stock in August

Desktop Rig: