Passive cooling a4-3300

Cruorzy

Hey, i want to passive cool a a4-3300, it will be under load for mostly the entire time 24/7

Do you guys have recommendations for a cooler?

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Probably any large CPU cooler would work fine. Something like a Noctua NH-D15 or a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3. Just take the fans off.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

Probably any large CPU cooler would work fine. Something like a Noctua NH-D15 or a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3. Just take the fans off.

I have no idea where that would be applicable

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

I have no idea where that would be applicable

What do you mean? You don't know where it would be applicable to put an air cooler on something and remove the fans? It seems to me it would be applicable where you wanted passive cooling?

What do you mean? You don't know where it would be applicable to put an air cooler on something and remove the fans? It seems to me it would be applicable where you wanted passive cooling?

Usually the situation when you want absloute silence you don't use a A4 or it probaly won't fit

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Usually the situation when you want absloute silence you don't use a A4 or it probaly won't fit

I'm not sure I'm understanding you, what do you mean by A4?

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

I'm not sure I'm understanding you, what do you mean by A4?

A4 the cpu

My life

You're gonna have a hard time passively cooling a 65W cpu, especially running 24/7.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

A4 the cpu

Oh, so you're problem with this whole thing isnt the idea of passively cooling a CPU, it's that this guy is using the wrong CPU? Could you suggest on to the OP that would be better then? It seems like he probably already has this machine and wishes to cool it passively regardless so I'm not sure what telling him he has the wrong platform is going to do for him.

Oh, so you're problem with this whole thing isnt the idea of passively cooling a CPU, it's that this guy is using the wrong CPU? Could you suggest on to the OP that would be better then? It seems like he probably already has this machine and wishes to cool it passively regardless so I'm not sure what telling him he has the wrong platform is going to do for him.

There's probaly no point.situatations that you need complete silence(science or music shit) will need a much more powerful CPU and in the other side of the use case(HTPC and that) those coolers won't necessarily fit 

My life

There's probaly no point.situatations that you need complete silence(science or music shit) will need a much more powerful CPU and in the other side of the use case(HTPC and that) those coolers won't necessarily fit 

What if he has a decent size case and he wants to use this for BOINC or Folding@home? OP didn't tell us his intention for  this machine so I think it's not right to just tell him "ur doing it wrong bud"

5 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

What if he has a decent size case and he wants to use this for BOINC or Folding@home? OP didn't tell us his intention for  this machine so I think it's not right to just tell him "ur doing it wrong bud"

Stock Cooler plus closet

My life

Thanks for the replies tho,

@Theguywhobea

Thanks for the suggestion, i might even put a CPU cooler with a fan in it. But it has to be quiet..

Dont think that would be a problem tho, i was just curious if it was easly to cool this amd cpu passive.

@Himommies

What im doing with it or any regard to the reason why im using a a4-3300 shouldnt be the topic here.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

12 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

Hey, i want to passive cool a a4-3300, it will be under load for mostly the entire time 24/7

Do you guys have recommendations for a cooler?

Hyper TX3 Evo

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

On 6/16/2017 at 4:09 AM, Cruorzy said:

Thanks for the suggestion, i might even put a CPU cooler with a fan in it. But it has to be quiet..

Dont think that would be a problem tho, i was just curious if it was easly to cool this amd cpu passive.

How quiet does it need to be? Is the rest of the system going to be passively cooled? Where is the system going to be?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.