Best ~$170 AUD Motherboard

The ASUS Prime B350-Plus goes for $150 on PCCG, but just get which ever is cheapest and has all the features you want. 

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/38096/asus-prime-b350-plus-motherboard

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

5 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

The ASUS Prime B350-Plus goes for $150 on PCCG, but just get which ever is cheapest and has all the features you want. 

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/38096/asus-prime-b350-plus-motherboard

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the newegg page and it seems from the customer reviews, people either love it, or have severe problems with it. A lot of them said they had no problems at all and everything worked fine, while others had problems such as not being able to overclock, raid not working etc.

One particular review said that he was not able to overclock a Ryzen 5 1600x on the board, which is what I was planning to do. Overall, the board seems to have many more problems than it's worth.

However, i'm still dedicated to the superior multitasking and productivity performance of the Ryzen 5 1600x, so if you know a board which is known to be very reliable, for around the same price, that would be great.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the newegg page and it seems from the customer reviews, people either love it, or have severe problems with it. A lot of them said they had no problems at all and everything worked fine, while others had problems such as not being able to overclock, raid not working etc.

One particular review said that he was not able to overclock a Ryzen 5 1600x on the board, which is what I was planning to do. Overall, the board seems to have many more problems than it's worth.

However, i'm still dedicated to the superior multitasking and productivity performance of the Ryzen 5 1600x, so if you know a board which is known to be very reliable, for around the same price, that would be great.

Thanks

$140 for MSi B350M Mortar, $180 for MSI B350 tomahawk and $210 for Asrock X370 K4 are the only other motherboards within that price range that can OC. Dont know why someone said that B350 cant OC, it should still be able to. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

7 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

$140 for MSi B350M Mortar, $180 for MSI B350 tomahawk and $210 for Asrock X370 K4 are the only other motherboards within that price range that can OC. Dont know why someone said that B350 cant OC, it should still be able to. 

So I narrowed it down to two boards which fit my needs, the MSI B350 Tomahawk, and a board I found myself, the ASRock B350M Pro4. They are both great boards, but between the two, I had to go with the Pro4 as it was half the price and had heaps of 5-star reviews on newegg. Tell me what you think. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157762&cm_re=ASRock_AB350M_Pro4-_-13-157-762-_-Product

12 hours ago, Ben Cameron said:

So I narrowed it down to two boards which fit my needs, the MSI B350 Tomahawk, and a board I found myself, the ASRock B350M Pro4. They are both great boards, but between the two, I had to go with the Pro4 as it was half the price and had heaps of 5-star reviews on newegg. Tell me what you think. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157762&cm_re=ASRock_AB350M_Pro4-_-13-157-762-_-Product

That appears to be the US store, the AU store does not have it in stock (It just redirects to the K4 for AU store). It seems to be fine though, as said if that has all the features you want, it is fine. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

12 hours ago, rn8686 said:

Dont know why someone said that B350 cant OC, it should still be able to. 

They are intel biased then

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

10 hours ago, rn8686 said:

That appears to be the US store, the AU store does not have it in stock (It just redirects to the K4 for AU store). It seems to be fine though, as said if that has all the features you want, it is fine. 

Yeah, the K4 is in my price range and it's ATX instead of the Pro4 which is MicroATX, so I'll probably go with the K4. Also the K4 looks better.