RAM Compatibility AsRock x370 Taichi

Hi,

I'm planning to build a new pc, but I need to know if the RAM I chose is compatible with my motherboard:

Motherboard: AsRock x370 Taichi

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB ddr4 3600MHz

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

The problem is that I read the motherboard specs and they say that supports 3200+ (OC), so, can I use a 3600? I don't think so

Then I chose the 3200MHz version of the same model, but then I saw this on the asrock website:

Capture.PNG.a1c5533871861de2e5f4fabb50706445.PNG

Reading this seems that the maximum supported RAM frequency is way less then 3200

Than I also found this, where there is a big gap between 2400 and 3200

What RAM should I buy?

Also look at the memory QVM.  There's 3000 and 3200 on there.  BIOS updates with the new AGESA Profile is supposed to allow a lot more.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

AGESA 1.0.0.6.

Sorry, what is that?

22 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

AMD released it last month I think.  It's up to the motherboard manufacturers if so.

it still isn't released... I'm a bit worried about it....

It's strange that it is one of the best motherboards for Ryzen, but they don't update the BIOS

It takes a while I'm sure.  It took them a few weeks to get the 1.0.0.4 update out.  They do have to plan to release a BIOS update for every board as well when something like this releases, and that involves testing as well.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

It takes a while I'm sure.  It took them a few weeks to get the 1.0.0.4 update out.  They do have to plan to release a BIOS update for every board as well when something like this releases, and that involves testing as well.

Yeah, sure, I'll just hope, and in the next weeks I'll consider buying an Asus Chrossair VI

Last time I checked the Crosshair VI did have a BIOS for AGESA 1.0.0.6 out, but it was a beta release.  Their official most up to date BIOS is for AGESA 1.0.0.4a.  You can still build your computer and adjust it after the BIOS update.  The memory should still work.  There's just a chance it won't work at the top speed.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Last time I checked the Crosshair VI did have a BIOS for AGESA 1.0.0.6 out, but it was a beta release.  Their official most up to date BIOS is for AGESA 1.0.0.4a.  You can still build your computer and adjust it after the BIOS update.  The memory should still work.  There's just a chance it won't work at the top speed.

So, I'm new to the hardware world, if I insert 2 slots of ddr4 3600 in the AsRock x 370 Taichi, they will work, just at lower speed. When the BIOS will be updated, they will work at maximum speed, is it correct?

5 minutes ago, Andrea_Duina said:

So, I'm new to the hardware world, if I insert 2 slots of ddr4 3600 in the AsRock x 370 Taichi, they will work, just at lower speed. When the BIOS will be updated, they will work at maximum speed, is it correct?

I'm not sure how good the BIOS update would be.  I understand the newer AGESA unlocks a lot more options, so it's possible it would work right after the update, or you might have to apply a certain profile to it in the BIOS.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

I'm not sure how good the BIOS update would be.  I understand the newer AGESA unlocks a lot more options, so it's possible it would work right after the update, or you might have to apply a certain profile to it in the BIOS.

Thanks! If I have to buy the components before the update, I'll get a lower speed ram, just to be sure if the update doesn't arrive

1 minute ago, Andrea_Duina said:

Thanks! If I have to buy the components before the update, I'll get a lower speed ram, just to be sure if the update doesn't arrive

The performance difference would be almost negligible for 3600 IMO.  Better to get a lower CAS, like a 3200MHz CAS14 set...you'll improve your compatibility and likely your cost by a little bit.

3 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

The performance difference would be almost negligible for 3600 IMO.  Better to get a lower CAS, like a 3200MHz CAS14 set...you'll improve your compatibility and likely your cost by a little bit.

Perfect, thank you!