Can anyone tell me what this is?

I have a Dell Latitude 12 Rugged and this is in my taskbar, it doesnt a do anything when left or right clicked. Help would be appreciated!

Capture.PNG

Curious, what version of Windoze are you running?  Looking through the list of open software via the task manager should be able to give you a clue as to what it is.  Looking at the icon tells you that whatever it is, it isn't working so maybe checking the list of open but non-working software may help.  Just an idea, good luck, hope you figure out what it is.

Doesn't looks like a Windows icon I recognize. Check any newly installed program and see if there is anything suspicious. Or just reinstall Windows

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Doesn't looks like a Windows icon I recognize. Check any newly installed program and see if there is anything suspicious. Or just reinstall Windows

So i found it appears to go away when i close the dell rugged control center.

Do you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus by any chance? It looks just like the symbol that I have on mine for their built in VPN, but yours has an 'X' on it.

Capture3.JPG.0b065ed69a4eb14950653b360e2b7f48.JPG

~Air Cooling Advocate~

On 6/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, CUDA_Cores said:

IT could be just an icon indicating the dell rugged control center is running in the backround. This could be one of those circumstances where the icon does nothing in the taskbar.

Solved it! Its Dell function lock!