Overwatch

akela
1 minute ago, ZenMonkey said:

Do you play on American servers? What kind of ping do you get?

Since I live in Germoney the ping to america is pretty high > 300. So no, eu only.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

2 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

I hear this about bronze, silver, gold, and sometimes even platinum. I feel it's a misconception by highly skilled players. This is a team game, and if your team is performing poorly you'll still lose. Unless your individual skill level is miles above your rank, you can't solo carry.

For Bronze/Silver, I recommend finding one DPS, one tank, and one healer that your best at and just focus on playing or practicing them. Get as good as you can with them so you can do your best in any given role that you need to fill. Once you get to plat, I recommend having at least two characters in each role that you can play well.

Niche picks can have a huge impact on a game, both good and bad depending on how well you do and if the enemy counters them, so they're more of a coin flip, which is why players can respond poorly to certain picks. I recommend staying away from them until platinum level because teams tend to be more accepting of a niche pick and start to have the skill and teamwork to work around it as needed*.

* - individual experience may vary

I agree. I was a silver player in the first and second season. I took a break and fell to bronze and can't get out of it. I'm not saying I should be ranked higher, I do suspect my skill and knowledge have slipped but my point is being there but I can say there is a clear skill gap within Bronze.  

For example, I had a competitive match where a player was playing Bastion (and only bastion) that never converted to a turret. (Not once!) Forget about positioning or teamwork. He didn't understand basics of the character he wanted to play. Clearly had no idea of the mechanics of the game or how to coordinate.  On the other hand, I've had teams that made calls, switch characters to counters and knew the basics of multiple characters. The divide is shocking... 

8 minutes ago, FrankV said:

I agree. I was a silver player in the first and second season. I took a break and fell to bronze and can't get out of it. I'm not saying I should be ranked higher, I do suspect my skill and knowledge have slipped but my point is being there but I can say there is a clear skill gap within Bronze.  

For example, I had a competitive match where a player was playing Bastion (and only bastion) that never converted to a turret. (Not once!) Forget about positioning or teamwork. He didn't understand basics of the character he wanted to play. Clearly had no idea of the mechanics of the game or how to coordinate.  On the other hand, I've had teams that made calls, switch characters to counters and knew the basics of multiple characters. The divide is shocking... 

Feel free to add me, bro. I'll help you if we can group.

As for the knowledge divide, that still exists in high Plat. People will disagree on what counters what, or spend two minutes too long playing a character because they'll "change after they ult," even though a counter is needed and they're not getting value on their current character.

I'm not ranked because I want a team to play with before I even burn my fingers on comp. I'm dutch so EU only. Play all kinds of characters, Hanzo main if it's useful.

I'm looking for a group of about 12 people or something who I can join, so you'll have two teams if everyone is there, and otherwise have some spare people you have trained with. (So if you're in a clan or whatever it's called nowadays) hit me up. Trustadz#2953

On 6/4/2017 at 3:50 PM, akela said:

I'm decent at the game

>bronze